cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another invasione of spam! - 123box.net

VIPerson
Up to speed

This time from 123box.net.

When are VM going to start reading these pages sooner to pick up what domain addresess need blocking?

Why does the customer have to do all the work?

We pay enough for this so called service!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

jl-c
Tuning in
We have exactly the same issue and no matter what you put into the filter 123box.net or regex 123box etc etc it still gets through. Come on VM get your act together or I for one will vote with my feet and you have been taking my money since Telewest days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just by a little food-for-thought, you don't actually pay for the VM email service.

It's a free add-on with any broadband account, and if you rely heavily on email you can do a lot better with one of various alternatives. Freebie accounts with gmail, hotmail/outlook etc, or a cheap "copy & forward" domain account which you can own for life.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Do the emails from 123box.net arrive in your Inbox or in your Spam folder?

If they appear in the Spam folder then they are being flagged correctly and being moved there by the system.

If they appear in your inbox then set up a filter to deal with them, see post #14 here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Email-Filter-Syntax/m-p/4140622/highlight/true#M1... adding |@123box.net to the list.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @VIPerson 

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you have been receiving these emails. 

Can I ask if you have been able to follow the advise given by @Sololobo

Has this improved things?

Thank you