Menu
magpiesrus
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

another blacklist question

I have painfully gone through various published methods and have go to mxtoolbox lookup which red marks my ip on 4 sites out the the many. Virus checked and maleware checked no returns. Connected to red mark sites and all are marked as [removed] as the culprit. Whois returns thip ip as virgin media.

So as in the old fashioned text adventure games "WHAT NOW" please. We can send email via outlook and virgin webmail but not with my or my wife's NTL accounts.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: another blacklist question

Hello

Please edit your post and remove IIP address as it is personal info and should not be posted on an open forum and is also against forum rules.

Well if that IP is sending is VM that will be your external IP and therefore you have something on your home network sending spam this will be a SpamBot as getting your external IP un-blacklisted will not resolve the issue you are going to need to find the Bot. Have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40... this post will walk you through finding and destroying the spambot. The best place to check is https://www.spamhaus.org/query as this is the tool used by VM uses these list and if it is on the SBL list then that is certainly your problem.

Not all AV / Spayware software will pick up the Bots as they regularly go too sleep, and can be a nightmare to remove.

One tool I use a lot myself is malwarebytes and always run a full scan.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
magpiesrus
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for a reply but I cannot understand "sniffing" I use malewarebytes premium and nothing on scan. Have installed wireshark but not a scooby how to "sniff"
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@magpiesrus wrote:
thanks for a reply but I cannot understand "sniffing" I use malewarebytes premium and nothing on scan. Have installed wireshark but not a scooby how to "sniff"

See if this thread i can't send emails from my Android phone or tablet helps with understanding the “sniffing” process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos