cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all mail going to spam

petersladdie
Dialled in

whilst verifying my ntlworld email as my google recovery email i noticed that all of the emails addressed to my ntlworrld account have gone straight to the spam folder, including the ones from virgin media. i have added google and virgin media to my contact list and hopefully this will resolve the problem and i can view both my gmail and ntlworld inboxes from my email app. i just wondered if it was a deliberate act to default all incoming mail to spam and if so why?

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@petersladdie wrote:

i just wondered if it was a deliberate act to default all incoming mail to spam

I have just tested this by sending a number of emails to my ntlworld.com and virginmedia.com email accounts from :

• my Gmail email account
  • my AOL email account
  • from my personal domain email account. 

All of them have gone to the inbox not the spam folder.

Also, I get lots of emails to my ntlworld address from the VirginMediaCommunitySupport VM email address updating me on the various forum posts I'm following. None of those are going to spam either.

So rather than a VM default it may be something specific to your VM email account.

The first things to check are the blacklist and filter rules in your Virgin Media Webmail account.  (Blacklisting an email address in VM results in new emails from that address being flagged as spam - not rejected.)

Follow steps 1 to 4 below and if there are any rules set up I would suggest disabling them for the moment to see if that stops new incoming emails form being flagged as spam.

filter rules steps 2.png

It would also be worthwhile checking your email app for similar filters. If for some reason a filter in your app is moving all incoming mail to the spam folder in your app then the IMAP protocol it uses will result in those emails being  moved to the spam folder in your VM webmail account as well.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @petersladdie,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear all your mail is going to the spam folder. 

I can see @coenoby has given some useful advice and what to check for. Has this helped?

Let us know so we can offer further support if required.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs