cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing blueyonder emails through VirginMedia website

hubpal
Joining in

I have a problem about accessing my blueyonder emails, with which I'd be grateful for help.

Having been a Virgin Media broadband customer for many years, I found on our moving house in October, that Virgin, instead of simply changing the address on our account, made me start a new one at the new address. From then on I couldn't access My Virgin Media using the blueyonder email address I've had for years and my usual password. Having been told that to do this I needed to register the new account, I've done so today, choosing a different password. This does enable me to access My Virgin Media, but I have a problem about my emails.

They continue to arrive both on my phone and on my desktop, even though the password in Settings on both is the old one, and I'm worried that when the Virgin system joins up the dots, they may just delete my blueyonder email account as being linked to my old Virgin Media account.

No less important, whereas I used to be able access my blueyonder emails by clicking on Email on the Virgin Media main webpage and logging on with my email address and password, - something useful when in need of getting hold of my emails through a device not my own - now when I do this I'm just taken to a page to sign up for a new Virgin Mail account with a @virginmedia.com address. 

Have Virgin Media deleted the possibility for customers to access through the VM website their non-@virginmedia.com emails, even if with a blueyonder address they come through the VM system? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hubpal 

What should have happened when you moved house is a 'move & transfer' where your old details and email accounts were transferred to the new account at the new property.  There is probably still time for this to be rectified but you will need assistance from the VM Forum Team staff.  They should respond to this thread later today or tomorrow and be able to advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hubpal 

What should have happened when you moved house is a 'move & transfer' where your old details and email accounts were transferred to the new account at the new property.  There is probably still time for this to be rectified but you will need assistance from the VM Forum Team staff.  They should respond to this thread later today or tomorrow and be able to advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for your swift and helpful response, Graham. I'll wait to hear from the VM Forum Team, as you suggest.

Has the facility for Virgin Media customers to access through the Virgin Media website their blueyonder - that is, non-virgimedia.com - emails been deleted, or if not, how can I go about finding and using the option?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hubpal wrote:

Thanks for your swift and helpful response, Graham. I'll wait to hear from the VM Forum Team, as you suggest.

Has the facility for Virgin Media customers to access through the Virgin Media website their blueyonder - that is, non-virgimedia.com - emails been deleted, or if not, how can I go about finding and using the option?

You should still be able to do it as long as your blueyonder email address remains live.  Make sure you sign out of your virginmedia.com account first then go to the webmail link and sign in with your blueyonder email address and password. https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Note that this will be your blueyonder password not the new one you set for your virginmedia.com account.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hubpal, 

Thank you for your post. 

I will send you over a private message so I can get some information off you to help out 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Graham-

I should add that the reason I registered our new account today was that I'd been finding since November that I couldn't access My Virgin Media putting in my blueyonder email address as username, and my regular password. After talking to a VM help person, who said it would take her several hours to figure this out, following h=which she'd get back to me, and then finding that nothing happened, today I rang the Executive Team, and was told that to get over the problem I'd need to register the new account. The solution you mention has never been offered.