cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Sptz
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I've never used the e-mail address provided by VM, so today I decided to give it a go and I get this every time I click on "e-mail" under my account. What can I actually do about this?

Thanks

msedge_FzGM6WV4v9.png

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sptz  If you have never used the email address the chances are that VM have already closed the mailbox down as per their acceptable use policy.  When an email account isn't accessed for 90 days it is supposed to be suspended and deleted after a further 60 days if action isn't taken to un-suspend the account.

Have you tried following the instructions given in the screen shot to use the forgotten password route to try and regain access?  This will only work if the account has been locked for security purposes rather than suspended/deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sptz
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've never used it no. So it was probably closed. How can I go about to opening it? Can't use the "forgot pw" route as never had one setup in the first place

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sptz  Unfortunately in May 2022 VM stopped allowing broadband customers from opening new Virginmedia.com email addresses. So you would need to create an email address with another email provider if you want a new one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks