cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

JGwynne
On our wavelength

Like many other people on here, I can't get access to my emails. I have Virgin Media broadband. My ntlworld.com email address has worked fine until now. I desperately need to get these emails for my work.  

I get this error message when I try to access webmail: Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have tried resetting password. Please can a forum expert reset the mailbox or somehow get it started again. Thank you

33 REPLIES 33

Waytogo
Joining in

Hi

My ntlworld.com email box is not working as of 7pm on 15th of August, I have changed my password and there's no change, please help.

Hey there @Waytogo, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your email not logging in.
I will assist you on this.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in to a private messgae.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have the same problem, i have just joined virgin media, i have changed my password still getting same message

saying your mailbox is not available

thank you

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@snowy1954 If you have only just joined Virgin Media then you won't have a Virginmedia email address as they no longer supply them.

Therefore the mailbox unavailable message is correct as you don't have a VM mailbox.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hooopla
Joining in

Hi - I've been having intermittent email problems of late, and today I'm getting the message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment". It looks like I've been signed out on all devices or something. When I try and sign in or change my password as suggested I get a message "Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)" 

which isnt very helpful

Have I been hacked or is there another problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi hooopla,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your email.

I've had a look at things from our side, and so I can help I'll need a few more details from you first. I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this error and have had it for a very long time years in fact, I don't really use my ntlworld email I use a gmail account for my everyday stuff so I never really bothered to try and get it fixed.. but I just tried the password change fix for the ntlworld account with no luck as I just renewed my contract with Virgin Media on the webpage and it says my contract will be sent to the ntlworld email with details of direct debit dates etc.. but I don't have access and haven't for years.. so now I need access 😄

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance 

Andrew_M2
Tuning in

I have just started to have this problem, mailbox became unavailable earlier today

Hi Andrew_M2, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the mailbox. 

Can you confirm if you have updated the password? If not can you reset the password, wait an hour to sync and let us know if you are still getting this message. 

Chris. 

Hi Chris.  Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes I changed my password, and that resolved the issue for me