cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Bluebutton66
Tuning in

Looks like a common post with no quick self help solution. Can somebody please look into this for me. I've not had emails for nearly a week now. Very frustrating. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bluebutton66,

Sorry to hear fo the problems accessing your blueyonder email account, we understand the concern this can cause.

I've tried to locate your account via the details provided for these forums to look into this further for you but have been unable to locate an account. Can you confirm if you're still a Virgin Media customer?

Email accounts are closed 90 days after the disconnection date but it can take a little longer if you have cancelled prior to this timeframe.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bluebutton66,

Sorry to hear fo the problems accessing your blueyonder email account, we understand the concern this can cause.

I've tried to locate your account via the details provided for these forums to look into this further for you but have been unable to locate an account. Can you confirm if you're still a Virgin Media customer?

Email accounts are closed 90 days after the disconnection date but it can take a little longer if you have cancelled prior to this timeframe.

Rob

I called customer services  and they have reset my password and re-instated my account, thankfully.

It seems to be working now but thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that @Bluebutton66 and please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven,

I have had this same problem where my account was blocked because of “suspicious activity”. This was cleared simply in a call on 150 and setting a new password.

On the call I asked about the “suspicious activity “ and having received an email stating that the account had been frozen because of “suspicious activity” I replied twice to ask for details of this “suspicious activity “? I cannot get an answer.

Any access to my email account is on devices with full live security cover (Bit Defender) and I have carried out full scans and checked my sent items. There are no issues and no sign of “suspicious activity “.

Please  can you let the community know the nature of this “suspicious activity “?
Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Andrewg4,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see this.

We would not have the answer to this, is your account still blocked?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

it's been sorted thanks.

Hi Hayley,

thanks for clarifying that you do not have the answer. Please can you tell me who I can contact to find out exactly what “suspicious activity” has been identified by your monitoring as I can see no suspicious activity at all in my email account?

Apologies to the OP for high jacking your thread!

cheers

Andrew 

Hi Andrew,

The information should have been provided in the notification email, however suspicious activity can mean anything from a large volume of emails being sent from your mailbox or random IP address changes maybe from a VPN service.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

I think I have worked out what happened (it took a while!).

I have subscribed to a few blogs and occasionally forward blog emails to friends who are interested in the subject. I am talking about forwarding the blog emails to 2 or 3 friends separately, NOT spamming thousands of people. This seems to be overkill and I wouldn't think this is what Virgin Media are trying to do!

Any clues how I can stop this happening?

Thanks!