cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Danr43
Settling in

Hi,

My partner is currently having the same issue but the password reset has not worked. Can anyone please help with this?

Kind Regards!

6 REPLIES 6

WilyEPeyote
Joining in

Funnily enough I just got advised to join this forum because I've had this issue twice now this month. As it occurred around the same time (Tuesday morning), I wondered if Virgin were running some kind of new housekeeping process that's causing my issue. On both occasions I've gone through the phone help route and had my mailbox 'reset', whatever that means. Today, the assistant told me it was 'for security' and that I should reset my password every 2-3 months to prevent this, whatever it was, happening. As I hadn't heard that suggestion before, I asked him whether that was a new policy and users would be advised to do that or risk keep losing access. I'm still wondering if this is the case.

I use Thunderbird as my email client, although the inbox was unavailable from the Virgin web front end too.  Any advice gratefully received.

Paul

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Danr43,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with your email service recently. Have you followed the advice we've posted here to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I'm unclear whether this is intended as a permanent or temporary fix? Is there now a recommended period for changing passwords, or will a one-time change get around what you did? 

cheers,

Paul

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WilyEPeyote

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

This should fix the issue now, keep us updated if not and we'll fully investigate this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cheers, will make the change and cross my fingers (not at the same time though - bound to get the password wrong then!).

All the best,

Paul

gazthomas
On our wavelength

the advice does not fit my own circumstances - the email that i cant access is my primary email XXXXX@blueyonder.co.uk i have always used the password given to me when first taking on Broadband and it has functioned without issue till now...when I go to the my profile - the username is my login for myvirginmedia - not my email - it is xxxx@garyxxxxx.org not the blueyonder email above...I have changed that password - but it hasnt affected the myvirginmedia login ? i can still login with my current password for myvirginmedia - so i dont know what password its changing! 

Can someone please help me out here- your call centre staff do not appear to have a clue