cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

BrianPitkin
Just joined

I am Linda Pitkin, using my husband Brian Pitkin's email because I cannot access my own, since this morning. I get this message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." I need my email desperately because he has advanced dementia and I manage his care at home. I have constant messages related to his care going to my own email. I have had no success with online help chat. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Yes, I have changed my password, but I still get the message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." So I can sign in, but not see my emails

Oh Thank goodness, now suddenly i have my emails - such a relief with so much going on for my desperately ill husband. Thanks for kind and helpful advice! My husband did our IT stuff - now I am lost!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well done.

I'm aware how difficult looking after a person with dimentia is as my father spent several years looking after mum at home.

Best wishes.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BrianPitkin

Thank you so much for coming back to us to let us know Linda.

I'm really glad to hear that you now have access to your emails again, thanks @Graham_A for the great advice on how to get this resolved.

Kind regards,

Serena