cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

JGwynne
On our wavelength

Like many other people on here, I can't get access to my emails. I have Virgin Media broadband. My ntlworld.com email address has worked fine until now. I desperately need to get these emails for my work.  

I get this error message when I try to access webmail: Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have tried resetting password. Please can a forum expert reset the mailbox or somehow get it started again. Thank you

33 REPLIES 33

JGwynne
On our wavelength
Hi Brillo, you have my sympathy! Make a new post about it and if you're lucky a forum team person will contact you but it's not quick... I've had a first message and now waiting for follow-up and - fingers crossed - access to my mailbox again. It's very stressful when you rely on email for freelance work.

JGwynne
On our wavelength
my email account is up and running again now, thanks to help from Hayley_S

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JGwynne,

Thank you for confirming your details in a private message.

I am glad that I was able to fix the email problem.

I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

I am having problems accessing my email and wondered if the community could help. My mailbox appears to have gone down yesterday (Tuesday) around 10am, I am getting the error message mailbox not available, check again in one hour or check password.

I have not changed any settings or passwords, can anybody help please?

thank you.

I have resolved the issue, I spoke to VM and they told me to update my password, they told me it had probable expired. Surely it would be better to prompt you to change your password for this reason rather than just say your mailbox is unavailable, waste of people’s time trying to investigate if they could just tell you to update your password. I had to log into my VM account and change my password through manage accounts.

Thanks for your reply and update, kate_scottr, glad to hear that password reset has resolved your mailbox issues.

Cheers,

Corey C

Same problem, appreciate your assistance to fix it. Thanks 

Hi @garfieldkoo

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome to you.

Good afternoon, could you try and reset the password for me and wait 15 minutes for this to unlock and try to log in again please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Reset and then waited for 15 minutes but still no luck. Thanks

Hi @garfieldkoo

Thank you for trying.

I am going to send you a private message so I can get some further information from you securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide