cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment

JGwynne
On our wavelength

Like many other people on here, I can't get access to my emails. I have Virgin Media broadband. My ntlworld.com email address has worked fine until now. I desperately need to get these emails for my work.  

I get this error message when I try to access webmail: Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have tried resetting password. Please can a forum expert reset the mailbox or somehow get it started again. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JGwynne,

Thank you for confirming your details in a private message.

I am glad that I was able to fix the email problem.

I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

33 REPLIES 33

JGwynne
On our wavelength

VM moderators or technical wizards, please reactivate my mailbox asap. ! Thank you 

JGwynne
On our wavelength

I'm getting the same problem - email account not available on any platform.  I have an ntlworld.com email address. Would be grateful for speedy help on this as I need these emails for my work.  Thanks 

JGwynne
On our wavelength

Hi, sorry I can't help but I have the same problem right now, since yesterday afternoon, and many others on here have reported it too. I hope the tech people will get onto it.  You did well to get through on the helpline - I gave up, will try again later.

We all rely on email....  

I've reactivated a gmail account to cover the gap but it doesn't resolve the situation.  

Hope you get it sorted.

JGwynne
On our wavelength
Hi, sorry I can't help but I have the same problem right now, since yesterday afternoon, and many others on here have reported it too. I hope the tech people will get onto it. You did well to get through on the helpline - I gave up, will try again later.

We all rely on email....

I've reactivated a gmail account to cover the gap but it doesn't resolve the situation.

Hope you get it sorted.

JGwynne
On our wavelength
Me too, Catriona, and lots of other users on this forum! Seems like the moderators have to reopen mailboxes individually or something - I'm waiting in hope.
Sounds extra complicated for you with the family account setup, so I hope you get it sorted. Sorry not to be able to help, just sending commiserations!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JGwynne,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

Your posts have been merged so we can help you, without causing multiple messages.

I am sorry to see that you are unable to access your NTL email, how long has this been happening? Have you left us? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

JGwynne
On our wavelength

Hello Hayley, thanks for responding and for merging my posts (some of those were intended as replies to other users but got into the wrong place).  

This problem started yesterday at 15.30. I can't access my email account on my iphone, nor in Mail on desktop, nor on webmail via VM website. 

I have used this ntlworld.com email address for 20 yrs, still using it up to now, and I'm still with Virgin Media for broadband and phone. 

JGwynne
On our wavelength

Hi Hayley or one of your colleagues on the Forum Team

please go ahead and reset my email box. It seems to work for other people who have had this problem.

I need those emails today! 

Thanks in advance. Jenny 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JGynne,

I would love to try and help you with this, I will send you a private message so I can investigate this.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right or your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team