cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

hoskind1
Joining in

Hi VM, 

I've had an email address with you guys for a number of years - I believe it was previously on my parents account - however I've continued to use it - and my current MY VM login is actually this email address also. 

I've never been able to login via the mail portal - only via mail apps - it always gave me the "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." - however this was never a problem because I could use my phone.

I believe I've recently been hacked as I was experience a lot of failed delivery attempt emails - now my account has been blocked by you guys as you've detected it's sending out spam (apologies!) 

I really need access to this account as it's my main account - however I can't reset the password because the email address doesn't show in my virgin media account. 

Could someone help? I have tried resetting the actual VM account password but this doesn't do anything other than change the actual login for the my VM. 

Thankyou.

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hoskind1 

If the email address concerned is a secondary account on your parents account then they will be able to change the password for the account.  They will need to sign into their My Virgin Media account with the primary username and go the the Manage Accounts tab.

If they no longer have the VM broadband account then you are stuck with an orphaned account.  If this is the case the only thing that VM staff will be able to do is ensure that the email address concerned is fully deleted from their systems.

If the address does still exist on your parents account you should think carefully about the implications of this.  The address is theirs as long as they remain customers and they have full access to your email account.  They can read all your emails and change the password or delete the account if they choose to.

You would be well advised to create a new email address independent of any ISP and use that going forward.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I've just been reading into Orphan accounts and by the sound of it it sounds possible that VM can lock this email to my account. 

Unfortunately my parent passed away almost 5 years ago - so that isn't an option for me - however I do believe I transferred ownership to me when she passed.

Also deleting and starting again isn't an option for me - as mentioned - this is my primary account - everything I do personally is linked to this account - banking, spotify etc. 

Thankyou - hopefully VM can lock the account to my VM account - as the email address I login with is the same as the orphaned account. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sorry to read the circumstances behind this issue.  Unfortunately it doesn't sound as if the account was transferred to you.  If it had been the address would show up in you My Virgin Media account.

I have asked the VM Forum Team to take a look at this as a priority issue.  They will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou Graham - much appreciated.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hoskind1,

Many thanks for your recent post and thanks Graham for flagging. I'm really sorry to hear of the situation you are in regarding your mailbox.

I would really like to see what we can do to help you here. I'll send you a private message to get some account details from you and we can go from there.

(Please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page)

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Molly - I have responded.

Great news! 

Thankyou Molly - I'll hold fire - my phone number on the account is current so if easier by all means call me. 

I'll keep checking back to see if any progress has been made.

Thankyou. 

hoskind1
Joining in

Hi VM,

Still waiting on this one - I've had several calls from your IT dept. - but all they do is reset the password - ring me a couple days later asking me to login (which doesn't work) then I get a call back a couple weeks later asking me to do the same thing. 

Thanks. 

Hi hoskind1

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now so I can assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill