cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using

mafdon_second
Tuning in

Today when trying to access my additional ntlworld email account (which I actually use as my main email account, really..but thats a different story), I receive the following message 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices

I've tried a number of password resets and then spent an hour on the phone waiting for somebody on the email team to hang up on me. I then called again and spoke to a very helpful customer services rep name Luke who raised a ticket for me, while at the same time warning me there was a 48 hour turnaround service level agreement for email.

I'm therefore posting this in the hope that a helpful member of the forum might be able to look at this. I understand from searching the forum that accounts can sometimes get locked and its a case of getting them unlocked.

Any help greatly received! I'm in the process of moving house at the moment and could really do with being able to respond to solicitor emails quickly!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mafdon_second
Tuning in

I've spoken to VM again..and they were unable to unlock my account.

The chap I spoke to ('Bob') was able to unlock it almost immediately.

Everything ok now.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

mafdon_second
Tuning in

I've spoken to VM again..and they were unable to unlock my account.

The chap I spoke to ('Bob') was able to unlock it almost immediately.

Everything ok now.

Short Answer

He was just the first person I spoke to today.

Long Answer:

After calling VM on my mobile..then

1 (TV or Broadband),
1 (confirming postcode),
2 (technical help)
5 (New TV Remote or Help with My Virgin Media) 

Yesterday I did this on two occasions

On the first, the woman didn't know how to help so said she'd forward me to 'The email team'. I asked her whether I would be on hold. She said No. I then waited on hold for 1 hour before getting cut off.

The second, 'Luke' was much more helpful, tried resetting my password for me (Even tho I had already successfully done that myself, several times via Myvirginmedia)  and then raised a ticket for me which he said 'The email team' would deal with with 48 hours. He gave me the ticket reference number.

This morning I wanted an update on this ticket so phoned VM again, same 1,1,2,5 sequence. This time 'Bob' answered..asked me the email address that was locked and unlocked it for me immediately. I asked him, out of curiousity whether he was a member of the email team..he said he wasn't. I didn't really care as my email account was unlocked. He could also offer no real explanation as to why it may have become locked in the first place other than 'It might have been the target of a lot of spam' which then means the security team lock it out for our own safety.

I find this a little difficult to accept. I've had this email address for 25 years. Its never been locked before..and I certainly can't see much spam in any of my folders. I suppose it may be true that I was a target of a lot of spam and I just didn't receive it or something?

Anyway..good luck with yours, phenom. With a bit of luck you'll get Bob...or somebody else with the capability of unlocking accounts.

Thank you!  Magic.  I followed your magic sequence of numbers, got through to someone who immediately unlocked it for me without asking any questions at all!  Yay!

Thanks for your post and update, phenom, glad to hear you were able to get things sorted.