cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment - NTLworld

Debbie_123
Joining in
Can you help ?

I have an @ntlworld email address which I use Outlook to access. Everything was working fine until 7pm last night, then Outlook kept asking me to sign in to my email and would not accept my password.

I went on to webmail and this message came up. 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have tried for a number of hours since with no joy. I cannot access my emails through webmail, which keeps giving me the same  message, nor can I access them through Outlook which keeps asking me to sign in.

There has clearly been a serious problem at your end! 

Like many people I am trying to work from home on this email address so this is not helpful.

Urgent help required please.

2 REPLIES 2

edickens
Joining in

I had this problem yesterday.  The messages are totally unhelpful.  It is very likely that your email has been blocked due to the security system detecting something dangerous.  Your password has been changed.  A good idea, but the server sends an email explaining the problem to the blocked account so you never get it.  The expanation email needed to be sent to another email address if you have more than one with virginmedia.  To get going again you need to phone Virginmedia (150 if you have your phone with them) and the help team will give you an emergency password and then you can reset yours.  You may need to delete a suspicious email.  It took me half an hour on the phone to sort this out as the first agent didn't have enough access to identify the problem and the second agent didn't at first realise the problem as he saw the same message that you have here which is not giving the correct information.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Debbie_123

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced accessing your email account, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We're aware of an issue at the moment causing email accounts to be locked, this is based off of information provided by our security teams. We would ask you to complete the following steps:

• Run a full virus scan on your device using up to date anti-virus software
  • Reset the password to something new, unique to this account and secure

Once these steps have been completed you should get access to your email account within 15 minutes.

Rob