cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your HELO/EHLO is not matching your DNS configuration

tlowe
Joining in

We're getting emails bouncing back saying that Your HELO/EHLO is not matching your DNS configuration. This setting was changed on the mail server last week and it is reporting correctly now, but this still happens when email is sent to an @ntlworld.com address. 

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tlowe

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you aware if this is across multiple ntlworld.com addresses or just the one?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's been reported on two different ntlworld addresses.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming tlowe. So we can look further into this for you I will get in touch via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sending those details @tlowe. I've raised a ticket with the relevant teams, which i will monitor for updates and get back to you asap.

Tom 

Is there any update on this?

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tlowe 

Are you able to check if you are getting the same error with the other Virgin domains

blueyonder.co.uk
virgin.net
virginmedia.com

I would normally expect this to be the case as all four domains use the same mail exchangers.

If I drop you a PM with my personal address, would you be willing to try sending me a mail to my domain so I can check the results?

Note:  I'm not a VM employee but we VIP's do work with them.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @tlowe

How are things looking? Did ravenstar68 manage to assist you further with this issue. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M