cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Blueyonder account settings are out of date. Is this to do with VM upgrading the Security settings?

RD6
Joining in

No emails for three days/ Advised that my Blueyonder settings are out of date. Give this account permission to sync to this device. Have Windows 10 using the Mail system.

Trying to access the VM Mailbox however cannot access it as not available.

Changed the VM password but still unavailable. Three attempts through customer services with over an hour of waiting. All the VM Website help will not work. Have been told VM IT tech people will be in touch within 5 days.

Having to resort to GM. Do not wish to change Blueyonder as linked to other apps and website.

Help.

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RD6

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your email! I'd be more than happy to take a look but I will need to send you a PM so we can do this.

I'll send you a message now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

wing
On our wavelength

I have a similar issue. I have three virginmedia.com email addresses but I always use one default email account. I changed my password on the default account after it has been unlocked via Virgin's website and then on my desktop Outlook client. I also just changed my passwords on my other two email accounts via Virgin's website and then on my Outlook client. 

I still get a pop-up now and then saying "Your Virgin no. 2 account settings are out of date". Also, I get lots synchronization sync issues logs but no Local Failures logs.

My email settings on all three accounts are:

Incoming Server - IMAP

Server: imap4.virgin.net (previously I used POP3)
Port: 993
Security: SSL/TLS
Username: My full email address
Password: My password

Outgoing Server -

Server: smtp.virginmedia.com  
Port: 465
Security: SSL/TLS
Username: My full email address
Password: My password

Also, should my receiving email be on pop3 instead of imap4 and so what is the difference.

wing
On our wavelength

Correction: Incoming server should read imap4.virginmedia.com instead of imap4.virgin.net

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 4 shouldn't be there.  imap.virginmedia.com is the correct server name.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

wing
On our wavelength

Just checked. Just a typo when posting.. It was correct - just imap without the 4.

wing
On our wavelength

I have now deleted the two Virgin media email accounts. Hope sync problems solved.

Hi @wing

Welcome back to the community. 

Sound like you might have found yourself a fix for this. Please keep us updated if you have any further issues or concerns and we'll help investigate this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley