Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yet another misery, mystery.

I access my email on my laptop, never use the on line version, and never have done, although I know I can if needs be.

Today I got the periodic request for my password and I should re submit it as the server didn't recognise the one my Thunderbird password saver had been using for some time. Anyway, I went to My Virgin Media to change the password because I had forgotten the previous one.The bottom line................ can send but not receive mail.

So I went to access my mail on the server by going to My Virgin Media  and clicking Email tab put in my current address and the changed password and was logged on to an account I dropped well over a year ago due to spam.

Then I logged in again only to find the email account had changed to the new one, the old one was an NTLworld account the present one a virginmedia one.

Sort yourself out Virgin for heavens sake!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yet another misery, mystery.

Hi Bruv, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

For the send and receive issue make sure your settings are correct as follows from Email Settings for all Virgin Media domains

The old email address issue I will need to take a further look into to make sure the address has been closed if you are no longer using it. 

Please PM me with the following information:

Name on account:

Virgin email address in question:

Postcode and house number:

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No worries Emma_E it is sorted out my end.

I know you mean well but replying a week later is more fuel for the fire to me. I know this is allegedly a forum (wink wink) but we all know it is really a laid back Help line, in the style of the e mails Virgin send, more like hip kids chatting on Instagram with their hats on back to front.

Hope you are not thin skinned and take my attempt at humour in the manner I mean it.

Yo Bruv

Bruv
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's happened again and it's very very frustrating.

Click on the Thunderbird icon to open my email that automatically finds my password from the password saver and downloads any mail. Today it doesn't work for some reason. So off I go to LastPass to find the password of my email account, My Virgin Media doesn't recognise the saved PW first time, or second time or fourth time. I check again, copying and pasting first then physically pen and paper, still no joy. Remember..........................nothing has changed, email or password, just the sequence of inputting the information, plus now the ticking of a box to prove I am human.......or something.......for MY own security it seems.

I am now logged into My Virgin Media............eventually..........should I change the PW or will Virgin sort this out magically after a few minutes ? I think I know my PW, but with so many PW's I may be wrong, a capital here or there.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you are still encountering password problems.

What is the exact error message that Thunderbird is returning please? 

Also, when you attempt to access webmail, what error message is on screen?

This may help us identify what's causing this.

I should add that, in reference to "I think I know my PW, but with so many PW's I may be wrong, a capital here or there" , it is hugely important to ensure that the correct password is entered and in the correct case.

Awaiting your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos