cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes there is a huge email issue - you have to phone them to change it!

lottie46
On our wavelength

Just to let you know there is a huge issue with email. I spoke to a really nice agent who said they were inundated.

The only way of rectifying it is to phone them and they have to make the changes. Be awre you have to be the account holder or they will not do it. 

Hope this helps everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lottie46, 

Thanks for your post helping to make other users aware. 

Just to clarify, customers are able to update the password their self by logging in to their My VM account. 

As long as the password they choose is a new password that they've never used before, this will reset things and allow you to log in 🙂

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lottie46, 

Thanks for your post helping to make other users aware. 

Just to clarify, customers are able to update the password their self by logging in to their My VM account. 

As long as the password they choose is a new password that they've never used before, this will reset things and allow you to log in 🙂

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

7dials
Tuning in

Thanks for making this clear to the community. I followed the standard password advice: it worked for a day, then we got locked out again.

Phoned last Thursday, still waiting for the email to be restored.

Hi @7dials thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're currently unable to access your emails.  When you changed your password, did you use a password you'd never previously used?

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee_R

Yes, we changed it to an all-new password. That restored access for about 24 hours. Then the account became unavailable again, and remains so.

The issue is with my partner's email, a secondary ntlworld account. I have not had any problems with my personal ntlworld or virginmedia mails.

@kath_F

When you say "customers are able to update the password their self by logging in to their My VM account."

Do you mean change the VM password or the email password.

Like many others I cannot access the email box or "manage accounts" so impossible to change email passwords.

thanks, swd

Hey swd,

What happens when you navigate to the 'manage account section' of your My Virgin Media account? Are you getting an error or some sort? We are unable to change secondary email account passwords from this end - only the My Virgin Media account password (which is linked to the primary email password). So this does need to be done from within My Virgin Media if possible,

Let us know 🙂

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth

Thanks for coming back on this.

I have a thread open to discuss this issue, it is here -

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/virgin-net-email-suddenly-inaccessible-on-my-VM/td-p/4857... 

In one of my posts there I explained what happens when I log in to VM, then try email etc. The email address used for login to VM is the same as the one that is blocked. Perhaps you might be kind enough to respond in my own thread.

many thanks, Sue.