cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my "virgin.net" email address?

Theresa_N
Joining in

I have had a xxxx@virgin.net email address for many years. My husband originally set it up along with other family email addresses in the days of dial-up access! We still have a Virgin Media account of which my husband is the account holder. A couple of days ago, my husband lost access to his virgin.net email account and I am worried that the same thing will happen to my email address. Do Virgin Media host the email accounts for virgin.net emails or are they with another host? Can my long-standing email account be linked back to our Virgin Media account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media do still control the virgin.net domain despite some of the contrary suggestions put about.

However, continued use of virgin.net email addresses require them to be properly linked to a current VM broadband account.  If not they are at risk of deletion at any time.

I'm going to ask the VM Forum Team to respond to this thread.  They should be able to check the status of the email address concerned and advise further.

They may need to speak to you husband as he is the broadband account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media do still control the virgin.net domain despite some of the contrary suggestions put about.

However, continued use of virgin.net email addresses require them to be properly linked to a current VM broadband account.  If not they are at risk of deletion at any time.

I'm going to ask the VM Forum Team to respond to this thread.  They should be able to check the status of the email address concerned and advise further.

They may need to speak to you husband as he is the broadband account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Theresa_N

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome! It's great to have you on board.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to your husband's email address! Can I ask if your email is linked to the current broadband account? 

Thanks again.

Thanks for responding.

I checked with my husband who was in contact with Virgin Media this morning, and apparently they no longer have any record of any of our virgin.net email addresses despite us having been with them for years!

I'm so sorry to hear this @Theresa_N! If the email address are no longer connected to an active account then they are closed after 90 days, though this often can take longer to be done. If you still have access to your email account I would recommend forwarding any emails you wish to keep to a separate account. 

I'd be happy to take a look myself into the account if you would like but I will need to speak to the account holder, if you're Husband is able to communicate with me via the forums please let me know and I will send him a PM so we can take another look. 

Thank you again.