cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife's Mailbox Unavailable

AlwynHJ
Tuning in

Hi,

Please could a member of the forum team look into my wife's account, as my wife’s email has now become inaccessible. She accesses it via her iPhone and her Apple Air, but we’ve also tried getting into it via the virgin media home page but this comes up with the infamous mailbox is not available message.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Luckily we are not on VM broadband.

I did see your replies to other Posts and I managed to do the same changes regarding password.

It took about an hour, then she could log on to her Apple Air and then she changed password for her iPhone.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AlwynHJ wrote:

Luckily we are not on VM broadband.

I did see your replies to other Posts and I managed to do the same changes regarding password.

It took about an hour, then she could log on to her Apple Air and then she changed password for her iPhone.

If you are not Virgin Media broadband customers you need to take immediate steps to set up new email addresses with another email provider such as Gmail or MS Outlook, other free email services are available.

Whilst you still have access to your virgin email addresses make sure that you backup all important emails and your contacts.

Your Virgin Media email addresses are liable to close at any point without notice.

They should have been closed 90 days after you ceased to be a VM customer.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Luckily she has got another email as a backup with another provider.

She will now get signed up to the Community Forum.

Shame about this VM provider as we have had the emails setup since 1995.

Hi @AlwynHJ thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

So am I correct in thinking you can currently access the email address in question?  If so, as you've previously been advised, have you had all important emails forwarded to a 3rd party email address?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee_R,

Wife has had all emails and also has been able to send her emails.

So Yes so far it looks good, wonder why her account had been blocked ??.

Regards, ... AlwynHJ

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlwynHJ

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know. 

Please do get in touch if this issue reoccurs and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks

Nat