cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why, oh why?

CoachDom
Tuning in

I was locked out of my email because Virgin changed their Spam software.  Their solution was to send me an email saying I might have something bad on my device.  Stupid idea if I cannot get into my email, surely.

Whilst I would prefer to be polite, I cannot.  For several hours, I was unsure if the service was down.  Eventually,  I sought answers by searching on Google.

I cannot believe how ridiculous this situation was and how very easy it was to predict the problem, then work out how to pre-warn all users, along with the solution.

I regard this as Thinly Disguised Contempt and hope that such stupidity is investigated, as my reaction is to wonder how to change email provider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agreed not ideal.  There has been a 'sticky' post at the head of this forum section regarding locked email accounts for several weeks.

Regarding the email alert, it is a good idea to set the contact email for the account to a different address to ensure that you receive such notifications.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Agreed not ideal.  There has been a 'sticky' post at the head of this forum section regarding locked email accounts for several weeks.

Regarding the email alert, it is a good idea to set the contact email for the account to a different address to ensure that you receive such notifications.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello CoachDom

Thank you very much for your feedback 

We can pass this back to improve the service going forward 

Can I ask if you still need assistance with your locked email account 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, 

Thank you for offering help.  I have worked it out and now all is working well, thank you.

I only hope that the company works out that this is not a reasonable way to conduct themselves and puts changes in place that will identify Catch 22 activities, as this will only lose them business long-term!

Glad to hear your mailbox is unlocked @CoachDom.

We truly do appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to the relevant teams for improvement. 

Please do let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, Graham.  I have now set my second email (on my contact details) to a GMail account address - nice one!