cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have all the old BLUEYONDER emails gone off ?

Eliminator
On our wavelength

So today around 11am UK time, the old BLUEYONDER email servers have gone down, after 2 hours on the phone, and talking to 1 liar and 2 fools, I have still not found anyone clever enough to fix the problem.

My Virgin Media Addresses are working fine, buy both my wifes and my BLUEYONDER email addresses have stopped working.

Apparently there are no faults in the area, no service issues, cleared browsing history, cashe, everything buy the kitchen sink (will do the later) and still no joy.

I had this problem in the past years ago, and it took their "back office" tech department to solve it.

Originally it was after installing new email servers, and transferring data over, the link from the emails to the actual users account was the fault, and they had to manually do it. 

I did post all the info on how to get it resolved on the boards, but I have just checked my old posts, and they have all now been archived (maybe they got more new servers?

So anyone out there working in the real work for VM, get this sorted out please ?

My wife is a Nurse and waiting for some very important info via email and it's been off all day.  

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eliminator wrote:

I told them they had to manually attach the blueyonder emails back to the virgin media account.

They have just done this and the emails for blueyonder are now working again.

That's good news. Actually you were very lucky, most people in your situation seem to simply lose their old email accounts.

By the way, you posted "but now on VM we only can add new VM email addresses"  In fact that stopped in May 2022.

In Your My Virgin Media Account you will see that VM now say "You can create up to 9 additional My Virgin Media accounts for members of your household to use." Note that no longer says "email accounts"

In this email helpsheet  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account   VM say:

"Please note, Virgin Media no longer offers the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected; their mail account will remain as is."

That came into effect in May 2022 when VM stopped offering VM email accounts to new customers. Clearly VM do not see their email service as a major part of their business offering going forward.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks