cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have all the old BLUEYONDER emails gone off ?

Eliminator
On our wavelength

So today around 11am UK time, the old BLUEYONDER email servers have gone down, after 2 hours on the phone, and talking to 1 liar and 2 fools, I have still not found anyone clever enough to fix the problem.

My Virgin Media Addresses are working fine, buy both my wifes and my BLUEYONDER email addresses have stopped working.

Apparently there are no faults in the area, no service issues, cleared browsing history, cashe, everything buy the kitchen sink (will do the later) and still no joy.

I had this problem in the past years ago, and it took their "back office" tech department to solve it.

Originally it was after installing new email servers, and transferring data over, the link from the emails to the actual users account was the fault, and they had to manually do it. 

I did post all the info on how to get it resolved on the boards, but I have just checked my old posts, and they have all now been archived (maybe they got more new servers?

So anyone out there working in the real work for VM, get this sorted out please ?

My wife is a Nurse and waiting for some very important info via email and it's been off all day.  

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eliminator My blueyonder email addresses are still working fine so I doubt that it is a server issue.

What error message are getting when trying to access the email account via VM webmail at https://mail.virginmedia.com/ ?

Are your blueyonder email addresses linked to your current VM broadband account?  You mentioned that your VM email address is still working, is this a secondary account on your blueyonder primary account or did you at some point change you account without moving your original blueyonder email addresses to the new account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Blueyonder changed to virgin media, I have been a customer over 30 years.

This usually happens when they upgrade the hardware on the servers. The email account does not automatically match up with the virgin media log in account.

The error at first login attemp says. A TEMPORARY FAILURE OCCURRED DURING LOGIN, PLEASE TRY LATER.

if you click retry, the main webmail screen loads up but won't connect to the server them times out and says ERROR: FAILED TO LOAD MESSAGES 

And the original email carried over when the company changed, we used to be able to manage our own mailboxes, but now on VM we only can add new VM email addresses, we don't get mailboxes now.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The company didn't change others than the name.  When Telewest merged with NTL and bought Virgin Mobile the combined organisation was rebranded as Virgin Media.

Since a policy decision implemented in May 2022 no new VM email addresses can be created.  Existing mailboxes can be managed via the My Virgin Media account that exists for each current VM, blueyonder, Ntlworld or virgin.net as long as they are linked to a current VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That doesn't help get my blueyonder emails working again which I have used longer than my adult kids have been alive 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Blueyonder emails still work.  But only for current Virginmedia broadband customers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Eliminator
On our wavelength

I am a customer have been for 30 years, but both my blueyonder mailboxes went off around 11am yesterday and nobody knows why.

Even if I am on the phone to customer services and give them my full log in details and full password and they try and log in from a browser, they can only get as far as seeing my account, bills, settings, but if they click the email, they get nothing either.

It's like the server has lost connection with the VM account !

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Log into MyVirginmedia, and check down the menu to see if those email addresses are listed. If they are not then they have become orphaned and subject to closure.

This could have happened for instance if you moved house and the emails were not transferred to the new account. 

If the emails are still linked then forum staff should be able to get this sorted for you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Eliminator
On our wavelength

I raised a ticket with the back office today. I told them that this had happened before when they upgraded servers. I told them they had to manually attach the blueyonder emails back to the virgin media account.

They have just done this and the emails for blueyonder are now working again.