cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has all my emails now marked as unread

welsh1lad
On our wavelength

Hay all ,

Has anyone experienced all there emails now changed to unread .?

This normally happens when maintenance happens on the boxes . 

@virginmedia have you had further complaints about this ?

17 REPLIES 17

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening welsh1lad, and I'm sorry to hear that all of your E-Mails are appearing as unread.

Can you please confirm if you're seeing this on our web mail services, or via a third party application? 

If this is via web mail, do you get a different result when using an alternative browser?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sylvester2
Joining in

I've been searching for a fix to this and can't find an answer so maybe Reddit can help. In my labels next to All Mail it shows I have 3 unread emails, except for the fact I don't. It always says 3. I've searched all labels for "unread" and no results come up. If anyone has a fix, that'd be great. I'm using the Gmail app on a Galaxy S8. Thanks in advance.

Hello Virginmedia,

All is now resolved , without any intervention from myself.

Like I said in my first post most likely email maintenance going on.

But something users should be aware of.

thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @welsh1lad,

Thanks for dropping back with an update and glad that this is resolved for you now.

It is most likely, as you said, that some work was taking place in-house, however, I am sorry for the disruption this had.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just to add in to this if possible. I view my emails on the webmail site via my iPhone or iPad and in the last week or so for some reason any emails I open and read still remain as unread. It’s a tad annoying.

welsh1lad
On our wavelength

Hi ,

There are several reason this may happen .

1 isp may be doing maintenance on mail box’s . Thus you are seeing a static read write imap mailbox. For historical mail . Thus no changes happen

2. mobile apps cache maybe corrupted, and this when the app pulls down mail , the app dosnt register it.

Suggest you wait for 72 hours , then ring virgin support . Ask them to log a ticket with 3rd line mail platform support team

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When viewing the message:

• select
  • is Mark as read option greyed out?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes, “Mark as Read” is indeed greyed out. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you go back to list of messages do you see the highlighted red envelope icon against the message just viewed?
2022-07-12-b.jpeg