cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has VM hidden the email login?

MikeMadDog
Tuning in

Why have Virgin Media changed their landing pages and made it almost impossible to find the email access/login page?

Isn't this the most used feature, or do people really login into their account regularly to update their package or check service status?

Why isn't the email button front and centre?

Please fire the UI/UX designers, thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can easily get straight to webmail by going to https://mail.virginmedia.com
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

That's great but doesn't answer my question...

How am I supposed to know about this shortcut.. telepathy? a wild guess? Why isn't it front and centre of your website? Who moved it and made it so hard to find?

And most importantly.. why don't you put it back where its easy to find?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MikeMadDog,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry that you was unable to find this, but I can see that @BenMcr has provided you with the correct information.

We are unable to make changes to the website from this platform, but I will feed this back internally.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley

Thank you and we look forward to hearing what changes are being made to address this issue. I have been going round in circles for hours trying to find my emails on my mobile phone. First you are required to log in to Virgin Media, and then you are required to log in again, ad infinitum, even though you are already logged in. Then there is a page which asks you what you are looking for, but you do not have the  option of reading your emails. It seems the site is designed to attract new customers and is not about providing a service to existing customers. I have used https://mail.virginmedia.com to view my emails successfully but I would never have guessed that I needed to use that URL. There is a screen which flashes up for a moment which would give access to emails but it disappears immediately it appears, and we have to carry on going round in circles for hours. Why does it have to be made so difficult and frustrating???

Hi @MichaelJHall

Thanks for coming back to the thread. 

What phone have you got? If it's a smartphone, have you considered using an email client as that maybe easier?

If so, find all the settings here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I do have a Smartphone which is a Samsung which I can use to access emails if I am away from home, but I would not use an email client as I am advised that Webmail is better as the emails can be accessed from any device, and Microsoft is winding down support for Outlook and other email clients.

Do you know the answer to the question posed? 

You certainly can have IMAP clients on any number of devices, and they all keep in step with the server. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without some background  reference to the second point I can only guess this refers to outdated / unsupported email clients on the operating systems.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi @MichaelJHall

Thank you for you response.

Are you asking about the location of webmail on our website specifically?

If so, I am sorry we wouldn't have the answers to that here, however I can see my colleague has passed this feedback on internally to the relevant area of the business. 

I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused, I can see the community have confirmed a quick way to access this in the future.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide