cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I receive my emails on ntlworld

Cecuffe
Joining in

Almost a month ago the only way I could get my emails to come through was to go on my laptop and change my password as it keeps coming up with the message sync options. I put in my password and it tells me either the email address or the password are incorrect. Which they are not. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @Cecuffe 

If you are still experiencing issues with this, let us know so we can offer further support if required. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cecuffe wrote:

Almost a month ago the only way I could get my emails to come through was to go on my laptop and change my password as it keeps coming up with the message sync options. I put in my password and it tells me either the email address or the password are incorrect. Which they are not. What can I do?

You posted about the problem with your Ntlworld email account a few days ago on this other thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ntl-emails-not-coming-through-for-3-days  

In the  last post on that thread you said " thank you I have sorted it by changing the password. It just wouldn't let me do anything on my phone."

So when you now say "I put in my password and it tells me either the email address or the password are incorrect." are your referring to the error message you are getting when you try to access your Ntlworld  account via the email app  on your phone? Or is that the message you get when you try to access the account on the Virgin Media website on your laptop?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cecuffe 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry you're still having issues with your email account. 

Could you clarify what Coenoby has asked so we can assist you further?

Thanks 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I ended up going on chat with someone at EE who assured me it won't happen again as he has sorted it out. Again I had to change some details on my account. Last time it was about 20 days before it wouldn't accept my details. So, early days yet. It was giving me the error message on my phone. When I went on the laptop the first time it allowed me to change the password. The second time it told me my email were unavailable. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cecuffe wrote:

I ended up going on chat with someone at EE who assured me it won't happen again as he has sorted it out.

I'm not sure where EE come into the picture. Presumably they are your mobile network provider but I cannot see how they could "sort out" a problem with your Ntlworld email account, but, ok, if you say so.

Last time it was about 20 days before it wouldn't accept my details. Again I had to change some details on my account. Last time it was about 20 days before it wouldn't accept my details. So, early days yet. It was giving me the error message on my phone. When I went on the laptop the first time it allowed me to change the password. The second time it told me my email were unavailable

Sorry, but I have to admit that after reading that I am still not 100% sure if you are saying:

• the problem is fixed but you are not sure if the fix will continue to work,
  • or whether the problem is not resolved and you still cannot receive emails.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Cecuffe 

If you are still experiencing issues with this, let us know so we can offer further support if required. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team