cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a message to change my login email address?

AmandaNewark
Tuning in

Why am I getting a message to change my login email address? Surely that address is linked to my account. We have other email addresses linked to the same account. I don't want to lose access to everything.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

same here, not had ANY VM contact about this, so seems like a scam phishing attempt. 

Have added a screenshot of the popup that appears.

Can VM please either confirm or deny this is legit, and if so, WHY has nothing been said previously??

SURELY for security reasons customers should ONLY be notified of these changes by personal messages, NOT a 'popup' on the 'homepage'

Has VM's systems been HACKED again by any chance??

URGENT reply from VM requested!!DSC00474.JPG

Thank you for that reply, we are also concerned that it is a SCAM, I've just been on the phone to them for 15 minutes and couldn't get the woman to understand what the problem is - all she kept saying to me was that I need to change my password.

We get that same message - as you say, we've had no previous messages from VM to tell us that we need to do anything, this is just a screen that pops up.

At the moment, I'm just clicking the cross on the screen and continuing as normal.

Thanks HOPEFULLY VM WILL RESPOND AS A MATTER OF URGENCY

Something really strange going on, now when i sign in to VM it is saying my bill is higher than what it should be,

it is claiming that my next bill is £7.70 more than what it actually is, this morning it said my normal amount but now it has changed

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Think it's fairly obvious that  VM have absolutely NO INTEREST in looking at this, or even trying to sort it out.

first reported 3 hours ago, and so far,  NOTHING from VM to either confirm or deny this , how many other customers have actually clicked on the link, and possibly been caught out in a 'hack' job, or a 'scam' because they believed the message was from VM??

VM SUPPORT ........ WHERE ARE YOU??

The silence is deafening!!

I also would urgently like to know if I have been scammed

Hi Jimbo441,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to see you are getting a message when logging into your Online Account to change the Email address, this is something we are aware of and are investigating however changing the username to a non VM email works.

Regards

Paul.