cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the email verification page?

mobyduck
On our wavelength

I recently changed my 'My Virgin Media email address and have received a couple of emails asking me to enter a code confirming that I am aware of the update. The problem is, I can't see a verification page that is mentioned.  Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And when you do that it's not an 'enter a code' email you get it's this:

Hello,

You've either just set up a new My Virgin Media account or updated your existing username.

Please now confirm your username by clicking on the link below:

Confirm my username

If this link doesn't work, copy and paste the long link below into the address bar at the top of your web browser window and press enter:

This is where a manual link is in the email

Until you click on the link, we can't update your account and you'll need to continue using your old username to sign in.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mobyduck wrote:

I recently changed my 'My Virgin Media email address and have received a couple of emails asking me to enter a code confirming that I am aware of the update. The problem is, I can't see a verification page that is mentioned.  Any help appreciated.

There is no process in Virgin Media Mail to change your Virgin Media address.  What i suspect that you have done is changed the username that is used to sign into the email address.  The verification email to complete that process is sent to the third party email address that you have used for the new username.  This must be a third party email address that you already have access to and cannot be another Virgin Media email address.

The username change process can be cancelled by signing into your My Virgin Media account with the previous username and following the links to cancel the change process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And when you do that it's not an 'enter a code' email you get it's this:

Hello,

You've either just set up a new My Virgin Media account or updated your existing username.

Please now confirm your username by clicking on the link below:

Confirm my username

If this link doesn't work, copy and paste the long link below into the address bar at the top of your web browser window and press enter:

This is where a manual link is in the email

Until you click on the link, we can't update your account and you'll need to continue using your old username to sign in.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

mobyduck
On our wavelength

Yes, it was the username that I changed. This was the response.Verification.jpg

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That's for an Apple ID, so you'd need to get support from them as to where to enter that code.