cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with Virgin Email Addresses?

IainC1
Joining in

What’s going on with Virginmedia.com email addresses. One of my email accounts is blocked and customer service has just advised that Virgin are no longer supporting email and are closing accounts.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems and does anyone know whether it is true that Virgin are shutting down their email addresses?

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IainC1  The only official statement from Virgin Media is that since May 2022  new VM customers  are not given a Virgin Media email address.  Existing broadband customers are not able to add new VM email addresses since that date.  VM said that existing customer email addresses would continue to be supported.  

However, in the ensuing time period they have made a number of security improvements which may impact on the way you access your email address.

Can you expand on how your email address is being blocked?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IainC1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your email account.

Can you confirm if you've tried the below👉

• Sign in to My Virgin Media

• Go to Account settings, then Account details

• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail

• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password

• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked

• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Alex_Rm

ChiaMusique
Tuning in

What if you don’t use the app?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why don't you? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.