Menu
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Webmail login 22/11/2018

Hi,

Users may experience difficulties logging into webmail accounts currently, and may be presented with a different login screen.

We are aware of this issue and our teams are working to restore access as soon as possible.

We'll keep you posted once we know more.

Rob1022
Tuning in
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail login 22/11/2018

Why do I have to repeatedly prove I'm not a robot ,this is really annoying.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Google's ReCaptcha service is protecting your account from nefarious parties who would otherwise brute force access or maybe the threshold to trigger the ReCaptcha has been lowered by Google to facilitate the processing of new image data sets.

Use an email client instead.

0 Kudos
Colonel-Mustard
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the different login screen doesn't work!.

I needed to sign in and check some emails but https://mail.ntlworld.com/ doesn't work either, all I get is: can't establish a connection to the server at mail.ntlworld.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

Can you fix it please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

That is an outdated link.  Use this one instead: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Colonel-Mustard
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

saved.

I'm glad that I hung around for a few minutes.

Why on earth would virginmedia put up an outdated link page as an alternate login though lol.

many thanks

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@Colonel-Mustard wrote:

Hi,

saved.

I'm glad that I hung around for a few minutes.

Why on earth would virginmedia put up an outdated link page as an alternate login though lol.

many thanks

Pleased to have been able to help, however, I cannot see anywhere in this thread where a faulty alternative link has been posted, could you post a link to where you saw it so that I can refer it to VM Staff to be corrected?.

This thread was created by the VM staff to inform customers of a specific issue with accessing VM webmail at the time of the original post.  That specific fault was cleared relatively quickly.

Colonel-Mustard
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

The link is not in this thread I simply went to https://www.virginmedia.com/

then I clicked on Email at the top right of the webpage which leads to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

once on that webpage it gives the broken @ntlworld address link: If your email address ends in @ntlworld.com click here

There are four different links to click on (depending on what your email address ends in) and the only link that actually works is: If your email address ends in @virginmedia.com

Highlighted
Colonel-Mustard
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote: This thread was created by the VM staff to inform customers of a specific issue with accessing VM webmail at the time of the original post.  That specific fault was cleared relatively quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's great, but it's the 28/11/18 today and it's broken again (by maintenance) otherwise I wouldn't have replied to this thread and when it breaks again unless you or someone else informs virginmedia about it then the same old non working links that they've been posting on that webpage for years will go up again.

But I did appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colonel-Mustard,

I'm trying to identify the broken link so that I can get this flagged up. However, when I follow the links you've provided I see a login screen - no option to select a specific email domain.

Would you mind posting a screenshot please (edit out any personal data such as full email address). 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos