Menu
FlashPan
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Webmail Not Working - Upgrading???

Morning,

Just tried to access webmail via 2 different computers and internet connections.  One one occassion I got to the log on screen but always end up on a page saying you are making some essential changes but email is not affected.

You then give some links depending on which email address you use.  For me you provide https://mail.blueyonder.co.uk  - this link does not work  In fact none of them work except for a strange reason if I click on the virginmedia.com link it gets me into my email.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail Not Working - Upgrading???

To be honest the SU's have been asking in the background for something to be done about that holding page.

I'll let you in to a secret. - In reality it shouldn't matter which link on the holding page you click, they all go to the same place in the end Smiley Wink.  But there is currently a problem with the three legacy links in that they refuse connection.

In fact the link to the virginmedia.com emails has always been useable for all four email domains.

You'd be better off changing any old bookmarks to point to mail.virginmedia.com

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Highlighted
FlashPan
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.  Apologies I should have stated the link I use to access webmail (and that is directing me to the maintenance page) is: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

Cheers

MissPasko
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I signed in to one address just fine, then signed out and wanted to sign into another, and got the web page you describe.  Tried Firefox and Chrome.  My next step will be to clear the history on the browsers.  Back in a few minutes.

V holding pag.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to ask the the @ModTeam raise this to get it looked into.

The address the OP gave is the one from the email link on the Virgin Media web page headers.  I've just tried clicking the link myself and I too am getting the same problem.  Someone needs to escalate this.

Tim

0 Kudos
rob1abb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Had the same problem. Your solution has worked for me. Many thanks. blueyonder email address.
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well, clearing history did not stop the "essential changes" screen.  Obviously, clicking the virginmedia link does get me through to emails, where ntlworld did not.  (just to add my tuppence)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ditto here.

The ntlworld.com , blueyonder.co.uk and virgin.net links all give ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED which suggests a firewall issue at Virgin Media's end.

Whether by design or by accident I don't know - I suspect the latter, but in reality those three links can be retired anyway as all email domains can be logged into using the mail.virginmedia.com address.

Tim

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

For what it's worth, having the same problem, but am 'ntlworld.com' which produces the same problem of 'this site can't be reached, mail.ntlworld.com refused to connect'  with an error of 'err_connection_refused'

Strangely, going back to the e-mail page and instead of clicking 'ntlworld.com' clicked 'virginmedia.com' (not the virgin.net) gets me into my e-mails!! 

Appears that Ravenstar is correct is saying that all the different links are actually channelled through the main 'virginmedia.com' portal.

Currently using this as a workaround until VM actually realise there is a problem, and...(hopefully) sort it out (but, knowing VM's snail like attitude, won't hold my breath!!) 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse 

All four are actually redirected to mail2.virginmedia.com (I know as I've done a WGET when they were working, what can I say, I'm nosy Smiley Wink)  The users are then directed to the SSO page before going back to mail2.virginmedia.com with the appropriate sign in token.

It would make sense to leave the main access as mail.virginmedia.com as it's so much more intuitive.

Edit - the header links are working again now.

Tim

0 Kudos