Menu
connectivezone
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Webmail Forbidden

I am not able to login to webmail for around a week.  I contacted Virgin over the phone recently as it said my mailbox was unavailable, they managed to enable the mailbox so I am able to use pop3 to download emails on outlook but still can not access webmail, it just says forbidden when logging in to webmail.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail Forbidden

Hello Graham, sorry to hear you're having problems accessing your email account via webmail. I've checked your details and have made sure that the email is enabled (if for example it didn't work the first time). Can you try again? If you haven't, can you try a password reset to see if it lets you back in? Please let us know how it goes in case an IT ticket needs raising.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
connectivezone
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just changed password and still says forbidden when logging into webmail.  Pop3 works fine.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
connectivezone
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After phoning up when my account was blocked, the person unblocked it but looks like the webmail hasn't been unblocked.  

I received this email at the time explaing why the mailbox was blocked. I had setup a forwarding rule that I use to send emails to one email address which has been in place for several years.

Dear customer,

Recently we noticed suspicious activity on your Virgin Media email account, so as a security precaution we temporarily locked your mailbox.

Since then, you’ve successfully reset your password in order to unlock your account. We’re getting in touch to let you know why this happened and some further steps you should take to help you stay safe.

What happened?

An automatic forwarding rule was set up on this email account. This means that emails sent to your address have been forwarded on to a third-party address, giving them access to your emails. We believe it’s unlikely you set this up on purpose, so we have removed all rules and temporarily locked your mailbox as a precaution.

We’ve included an extract of the suspicious forwarding rule at the bottom of this email. It may look confusing, but all you need to do is take note of the date it was enabled; it’s important you review any emails received after this that may contain personal information, and, as a precaution, secure any online accounts that may be associated.

What should I do now?

Please take the steps below as soon as possible:

1. Check your antivirus software

We recommend you take this opportunity to check your antivirus software is up to date and run a full scan of your devices. Regular virus scans are essential for helping your devices to stay virus free. If you do not have antivirus software installed on your devices, we recommend you install it.

2. Update your online passwords

For added security, you should change the passwords for all your third party online accounts (for example online banking, retail and social media sites) in case they have been compromised due to email forwarding. For security reasons, please don’t use any passwords you’ve used before, or that you currently use elsewhere.

3. Reset any intentional forwarding rules

As a precaution, we’ve removed all forwarding rules from your account. So if there are any you do need set up, you’ll need to reset them.

For more information about security, please visit virginmedia.com/securityhub

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey connectivezone,

That would have been a precaution that the team took to ensure that your email account wasn't compromised or forwarding rules had been set up known to you. 

Are you able to try logging into web mail using a different browser or clearing the cache of your current browser? 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
connectivezone
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just tried what you said and it is still the same.

Like I said I set the forwarding rule at least 5 years ago, also I have this set on other accounts and no problem with those.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for trying all those suggestions for us.

I will now send you over a private message so I can get an IT ticket raised for this issue. 

See you there,

Beth