Menu
Craigyp82
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Webmail Forbidden Error

Hello,

Sorry for starting a new chain as there are other ones discussing similar issues, but I didn’t want to hijack someone else’s thread. I have been having trouble accessing my ntlworld email account since Wednesday. I had been trying to access both via the email app on my phone and through the myvirginmedia.com portal on my web browser. Originally I was getting this message “ Sorry. Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please try again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices”. I was still able to sign in to my account - it was just the actual email mailbox itself that I couldn’t access. 

Because this is a secondary account, my dad, as the primary account holder, called customer service today and they were able to partially solve the problem. They reset my account and asked me to change my password. Now I am able to receive and send emails via the email app on my phone. However, I am still unable to access the mailbox via my web browser. Instead of getting the “mailbox unavailable” message, though, I am now getting the 303 “forbidden” error message. The customer service team were unable to solve this and tried to transfer us to another department, where the line kept ringing until it eventually went dead. I have tried to log in to the portal on several devices and I am getting the same forbidden message on all! 

I am relieved that I am now able to access my emails via my phone app, but I really need to be able to access through my web browser as well. 

If someone is able to help with this then that would be very much appreciated.

kind regards

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Webmail Forbidden Error

The 403 Forbidden issue is still affecting some accounts and I understand that Virgin media are still working to resolve this for affected accounts.

By the way, no need to apologise for starting a new thread. You did exactly what the Forum guidelines ask.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Craigyp82
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, Graham. It sounds encouraging that VM are aware of these issues and are trying to fix them.

kind regards

Craig

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigyp82,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are unable to access your emails, I would like to get this resolved for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am glad to hear you are able to access your emails now, if this does change and you need us to do any further checks please ask your Dad to give us a call.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Craigyp82
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul

Kind regards 

Craig

0 Kudos