cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web email error message

NeilLucz
Joining in

Hi there,

After the recent fiasco regarding mailbox unavailable messages and going all around the houses because of that I finally managed to reset my account password to something other than the default one, to a 'Strong' password now, although I do not know how your rules lead to a strong password with the limited options allowed but hey ho I am now in with my own password.

When I access over the web I used to see my 2 inboxes, my main one - n.a.l - and my secondary one - neilluc - however now that I have successfully changed my main password I am getting the following error on my secondary account -

Error
The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

I cannot see where within the page I can get to altering the server details, here is all that I see

NeilLucz_0-1634642418970.png

and if I click on properties all I see is that it is a system folder -

NeilLucz_1-1634642497198.png

I know that the mailbox works as I can access emails in it , and use it, on my desktop, phone and tablet email apps, so would appreciate any guidance on how to reset details on the webpage access please.

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select ☰ > Settings > Accounts, edit the secondary account and amend its passwords for IMAP and SMTP

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select ☰ > Settings > Accounts, edit the secondary account and amend its passwords for IMAP and SMTP

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks a lot worked perfectly and can now access the mailbox on the web presentation. Pity that VM do not teach their support staff how to do simple things like that.

Hi,

I have the same issue on a secondary account;

Error

The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.ntlworld.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.

I've tried re-setting the password to no avail, Validation of server imap.ntlworld.com failed due to invalid credentials.

Can anyone help, 2 of the 3 accounts are ok...

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ExRogue,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with a secondary email address on the account. Have you been able to try the advice from @用心棒?

I've been unable to locate an account based on your Forums information. Can you please confirm whether you have an active media service with us?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi @Reece_MH

I managed to get through to the Virgin Help Desk who unlocked it, maybe they should text or email the main account to tell us would have saved a whole load of pain...

Thanks 🙂