Menu
current
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Web Mail down Area 31 Colchester - again!

Well the mail went off a couple of weeks ago and now it's doing the same thing. Bit of a joke for an internet provider to not be able to maintain its email service.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web Mail down Area 31 Colchester - again!

@current wrote:

now it's doing the same thing.

And exactly what are you seeing? We cannot see what you can see.Smiley Wink

As I said in the other thread, I am also in Area 31 but just over the border in Suffolk and I can still log on fine. 

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@current wrote:

Well the mail went off a couple of weeks ago and now it's doing the same thing. Bit of a joke for an internet provider to not be able to maintain its email service.

As I type this it has been well over 2 hours since you first raised this issue on the other thread. Past experience has shown that this forum goes into a frenzy when there is a major VM email outage.

However, there has not been a single "#Webmaildownformetoo" type of post.

As a result, I think it is reasonable to assume that whatever issue you are seeing is caused by a problem with either, your Broadband connection, your wifi, your specific VM email account or something else specific to you.

Sadly, without more detailed information about exactly what you are seeing, any error messages for example, no member of the forum can give you any help or advice.

Hopefully, you have resolved the problem yourself.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
SDC
Super solver
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@coenoby wrote:

As I type this it has been well over 2 hours since you first raised this issue on the other thread. Past experience has shown that this forum goes into a frenzy when there is a major VM email outage.

However, there has not been a single "#Webmaildownformetoo" type of post.

As a result, I think it is reasonable to assume that whatever issue you are seeing is caused by a problem with either, your Broadband connection, your wifi, your specific VM email account or something else specific to you.

Now I don't want to jinx things, but after reading this thread (and its precursor) I tried to fire up webmail but got the blue connerror screen:

blueconnerror.jpg

I did hit "Retry" and it did load webmail within seconds, so webmail's not down here (Area 30), but maybe there's an intermittent glitch. It's rare for me to get a connerror screen, and rarer still for me to get the blue one. And typically it has behaved fine since. Cookies and cache cleared prior to webmail login.

Make of that what you will.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

What I make of it is that unlike the OP you have posted enough information to enable to identify what might be the issue, rather just wailing that the e-mail is not working!

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Howard.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

SDC - I've sent you a PM

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:

SDC - I've sent you a PM

Got it, and have replied.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@current

When you said it's doing the same thing, the last time this happened you said you were getting the following:

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 400

Is this still the case?   If not what are you seeing?

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
current
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's been doing that and just got mail box unavailable try later then previous message again. I assume virgin know it's nacked then.

0 Kudos