cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have issue changing passwords on our secondary email accounts

RikEd
Tuning in

We have issue changing passwords on our secondary email accounts. We have been advised to changed password on one of our accounts however only option that is appearing on the manage email page is "delete". The email accounts involved are active.  Please help. 

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RikEd 

The process for changing passwords on secondary accounts has changed recently.

Either sign into the My Virgin Media account for the secondary account and go to account details then update settings, or use the forgotten password route here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

he web page you have pointed to is just an information page. I have followed links on it and still have same problems with secondary accounts. TIA

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RikEd wrote:

he web page you have pointed to is just an information page. I have followed links on it and still have same problems with secondary accounts. TIA

Just to clarify.

As @Graham_A  said in his post:

"Either sign into the My Virgin Media account for the secondary account and go to account details then update settings,"

You can sign into the "My Virgin Media Account" for a secondary email account from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn using the email address of that secondary email account.

However if that is not possible you can use the forgotten password route - the direct link to that is  here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Hope that helps.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

neither of the mentioned worked.

went to VM chat which redirected me to whatsApp. After a lot of titting about all is now sorted.

was asked to submit a email change via a secure form, which seemed like a great idea, but having gone through a one hour wait period I found that I wass locked out of my primary account!!

Trial and error...  it turn out that they had set my primary and myvirginmedia accounts to the password I provided on the secure form in addition to the secondary email that we had a problem with.

This was yet again an example of VM rolling out updates without letting the support guys or customers know of the consequences. Pss up in a brewery comes to mind. 

At least all my primary and secondarys are accessable again.

Will now plan to move critical email accounts away from VM which will also give me the option to move away to another Broadband provider (Ive been locked in due to email for the last 20years).

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced RikEd,

Welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify then, are you now able to access the secondary account?

Also were you receiving any error messages at all? 

Thanks,

Kain

Hi 

yes resolved

but I do wonder how many other VM customers were affected by what should have been a professionally rolled out update.

Glad to hear all is resolved and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused @RikEd

If you need help with anything else don't hesitate to reach out 

Many thanks!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs