Menu
roset
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Want my email account deleted

My email account has been contuinously hacked and I really need to delete it however there is no way of deleting the account/I can’t get hold of anyone to help me. Could someone help me with deleting my account please ASAP?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want my email account deleted

Good morning roset, welcome to the community.  We need to have a bit more information.

1. Are you a VM Broadband customer?
  2. What domain is your email (blue yonder, ntl world, virgin.net, virgin media) - don't post the whole address!
  3. Can you see it when you sign into my virgin media, my profile, manage accounts?
  4. If so, is it a secondary account - you can delete that yourself - let us know if you need advice.
  5. If it is the primary account - you can't delete, it, but can stop using it and it will go dormant.
  6. If you are not a customer, or the address is not visible, let us know and we'll refer this to the Forum Team (VM employees) who can take your details by private message (PM) and refer this to the IT department.

Good luck - come back and tell us how it goes!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there roset, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post 🙂 

We'd love to help you out - looks like one of our Community has already popped a reply in with the questions we wanted to ask!

Pop back with a reply and we can go from there!

Cheers!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roset
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am a VM customer. It is a primary account under ntlworld. It is a primary account however I think it’s ridiculous it can’t be deleted? I feel very unsafe using my email with some of the emails I’m receiving..it’s ridiculous. Please can you help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have answered this many times. You will be disappointed again. Your primary e-mail address is embedded intrinsically in the VM single sign on system which gives you access to all the services in My Virginmedia - billing and account control. Neither you nor VM can delete it. It is how the system is built.

Now the current spam attack will pass or it will be dealt with at source. Read this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-to-report-spam-emails/td-p/3927427

and this one

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-Email-sysprem-com/td-p/3924528

This is a real devil of an attack and it is going to take time to deal with it. The VM security team are engaged but it is not easy.

I can imagine that with the scale of the attack you are feeling insecure. There is something you can do. You can create a new virginmedia.com address through My Virginmedia and log-in using that instead. Gradually you'll need to tell your contacts of the change.

If you do not access your primary e-mail address for 150 days then VM will deactivate it completely for e-mail purposes. But it will always remain for accessing My Virginmedia. Nothing can change that.

So far as your primary e-mail address is concerned follow this advice as if your account had been hacked. Change the password and the security questions to keep the hackers at bay. And do the checks described regularly to make sure your account isn't broken into:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

You won't stop the spam but you will add to your account security.

I'll also point you to the relevant helpfiles to create a new e-mail address, if you want to do that:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-create-a-new-email-address

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.