Menu
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Waiting times and final outcomes

To Whom It May Concern:

I noticed when the new Forum Team responders started in late January/early February that they seemed to miss a few cases, and that has proved correct, as the OPs are coming back now asking when they will be helped.  Yet I have also seen a recent case where a Forum Team member responded in four minutes.  This gives the impression of cherry-picking easy cases.

This is disheartening for me as a community member, as I try to give decent advice to those who come here for assistance.  Yet I can't be sure what is correct because things have changed in-house.

Can the Forum Team reassure me that they have trawled the posts to find any more that have not been seen to?

I'd also like to say that the previous Forum Team members (Jen_A in particular) always came back after a few days to give a follow-up.  They would confirm that the issue was dealt with, the email address deleted, the spam block corrected, whatever.  This gave confidence to the community AND to new posters that VM knew what to do, cared about doing it, cared about being SEEN to be doing it, and that the community had given correct advice along the way.

I know that the Forum Team were reading our posts, as they would often give kudos - I took this as affirmation that the advice I gave was correct.

Thank you for listening, and I sincerely hope you take these comments on board as you learn more about the community.

Best wishes, Miss Pasko

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Waiting times and final outcomes

I have raised this with the Forum Team management for you.

@Kev_B

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With the changes to the forum it will take some time to get things back up to a level the forum was at.

I can tell you that @Kev_B is on it. Staff are still going through training and have been dropped in the deep end by management. This often happens with chances and lack of planning.

You are echoing what SU's have been saying for weeks. I'm echoing what @Kev_B has been saying for weeks Smiley Happy

If you see any posts missing the 7 day reply windows flag them to a mod or let an SU know to get them flagged.

I'm sure Kev will take the feedback on board but it will take some time to get things back to where we were. We have lost some amazing forum team members and the new members have been thrown in the deep end when not ready and have some big shoes to fill.

Keep posting. Keep flagging and keep watching things improve Smiley Happy

MissPasko
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:

If you see any posts missing the 7 day reply windows flag them to a mod or let an SU know to get them flagged.

This is the only part of your post I disagree with.  I am not paid to come here, and I am not going to be able to notice when things are not dealt with.

Thank you for the reassurance, I can be patient.  I just felt it was important to have some of this discussion in the public view.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @MissPasko 

Thanks for raising your concerns for us here, you're right in noting that some things have changed. Posts are allocated to our Forum Team for a response, though we did recently amend the system for doing this, and we're aware there have been a few teething troubles with some posts being addressed sooner than others.

We are looking at this behind the scenes to ensure things remain more consistent. There will be occasion where some posts are answered quickly as we've deemed them to be a priority, but like I say we're working to ensure things are more consistent.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Highlighted
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MissPasko wrote:

@apcyberax wrote:

This is the only part of your post I disagree with.  I am not paid to come here, and I am not going to be able to notice when things are not dealt with.

Thank you for the reassurance, I can be patient.  I just felt it was important to have some of this discussion in the public view.

Apologies for a delayed response on this but just to say I agree with MissPasko 100% on both points.

Also, thanks to Kev_B for his comments and explanation of what is going on behind the scenes.

One other point I would make which I am sure has already been made by the SUs.

I think it really helps when the Team Member dealing with an issue comes back with a final quick post to say 'Issue now resolved' or similar.

Some (but maybe not allSmiley Wink) of the ex Team Members used to do that and it would be good if it could be put forward to the new Team as 'best practice'.

It gives a closure to the thread and an indication to other posters that the Forum Team can, and do, actually get things done. Without that final message it is never clear whether the OP has simply not replied to their PM or whether they have and the necessary action has been taken but not reported.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer