cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia.com email stopped working

Jcampbell1
Tuning in

My virginmedia.com email has stopped working. It tells me I have no password yet I have not changed anything. When I try to go in via the virginmedia website it says sorry as screenshot below. I am a virginmedia customer.  I saw a post from another person who seemed to have exactly the same issue but all it said in the end was it had been fixed but not how. I really want to get it sorted. Please help C3F5941C-11CB-4A7E-AE50-3FDC8C05BD46.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jcampbell1 

I have escalated this to the Forum Team. Hopefully they will contact you via the forum in the next day or so 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jcampbell1 wrote:

My virginmedia.com email has stopped working. It tells me I have no password yet I have not changed anything. When I try to go in via the virginmedia website it says sorry as screenshot below.

The error from the screen shot means that Virgin Media have locked your account for some reason. That is happening to lots of VM customers.

VM have posted the advice on how to unlock the email account here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

The error you are getting about "no password" must be coming from an email app or client that you also use to manage your VM emails. Those apps often give very generic errors when they have a problem accessing you emails and they often default to a "incorrect password" type of response.

You did the right thing by trying to access the account directly via the VM website. That gives you a more definitive explanation although, as in this case, it often does not get you much further forward.  😯

Follow the advice to reset the password as per that link and post back with how you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

I reset my password & then waited to this morning to access my mail through virgin media & it still has the sorry screen. & the email app on my phone still says I haven’t got a password. What should I do now ? 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jcampbell1 wrote:

What should I do now ? 

Just to confirm. Did you follow the advice in the link where VM say that you should do "a password reset using a completely new and unique password."?

By that they mean change it to a password that you have not previously used on the account. They seem to stress that doing that is a key requirement.

Whatever, I would try resetting it a second time to something you are sure that you have not used before. If that still does not unlock the account then post a further update here because that means the account will need to be unlocked by VM themselves.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange that for you. They will contact you via the forum if that proves necessary.

By the way, you say "email app on my phone still says I haven’t got a password".  I am sure you know this but just to make sure -  once you reset the password on your VM email account you will need to update the password in your email app as well. Changing the email password on the VM website does not automatically update the settings in the app on your phone.

Coenoby

Jcampbell1
Tuning in

It’s so frustrating. If you find out a fix let me know. Thanks. 

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ve done all the things you said & it’s still the same unfortunately. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jcampbell1 

I have escalated this to the Forum Team. Hopefully they will contact you via the forum in the next day or so 

Coenoby

Hi @Jcampbell1

Welcome to the community!

I'll need to investigate this further with you. We'll need to pass account security to discuss so will continue the conversation in private message. Please look out for my PM in your inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated. They have contacted me. 

I’ve been told that because I’ve had my virginmedia email address for many years and it’s not apparently connected to my latest virginmedia account even though I get my bills etc sent to it, virginmedia can disable the account which in my case they have done. Thankfully it wasn’t my most commonly used email address but it’s certainly making me think twice about things.