cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia blocking suspected spam which is actually genuine email

kevinh
Dialled in

VM delays or blocks some email before it gets to webmail. That means I have no way of receiving what I know is genuine email. Users can't whitelist domain names to bypass this either, unlike with most email providers. Delayed email gets through, but possibly too late if it's a timed verification link. Blocked email simply never appears.

Yesterday I had to reset an online account password, but I never received the emailed reset link despite repeated attempts. The account support team can't do anything about this and now I can't access my account. Why does VM behave in this way towards it's customers? Clearly they use strong email filtering but it isn't perfect and it should be in the customers control to switch it off in an attempt to receive suspected spam email that they know is not spam.

34 REPLIES 34

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kevinh

Thanks for posting on our community forum

My apologies for the inconvenience, Heathrow Rewards should review this and hopefully be able to sort it out for you. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @kevinh

Thanks for posting on our community forum

My apologies for the inconvenience, Heathrow Rewards should review this and hopefully be able to sort it out for you. 

Regards

How are Heathrow Rewards supposed to review this and sort it out? They don't know why their email is being rejected by Virgin Media. It seems they regard it as a VM problem and VM regards it as a Heathrow Rewards problem.

VM and Heathrow Rewards need to work together to resolve this. I would suggest VM need to find out what causes email to be rejected. They can then pass this information to Heathrow Rewards so they can correct whatever is wrong with their email setup.

Four pages of comment and we're still no further on to a solution.

Kevin

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply kevinh. 

I am afraid we are unable to liaise with a third party regarding this issue. 

For information on how to raise a complaint regarding this matter please see here

Thank you 

Nat

@Natalie_L wrote:

Thank you for your reply kevinh. 

I am afraid we are unable to liaise with a third party regarding this issue. 

For information on how to raise a complaint regarding this matter please see here

Thank you 

Nat,

This is very unsatisfactory. Why can't you liase with a third party? Your email service is blocking their email to VM customers. It's in your interest to resolve this. Heathrow Rewards can't resolve it with knowing what is causing their email to be blocked and rejected. If they contacted you would you then liase with them to resolve this? If so who should they contact? If not, please explain the arrogance this attitude demonstrates.

As things stand this is not a solution. VM are acting in a very opaque way, blocking genuine email and not providing information to the sender or intended recipient about what is triggering the blockage. Of course I will complain, thanks for the link, but I shouldn't have to. VM (or its email service provider) is acting unreasonably.

Kevin

a long standing but decidedly unhappy customer

Hi Kevinh thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're no closer to having the issue with receiving certain emails resolved.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R