Menu
SDC
Super solver
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia blocking email from Shopto.net for ntlworld.com email

@Shelke wrote:

I was going to do a test registration with them to get an email sample for you Raven, but they demand your CC/bank card info just to even register Cat LOL Forget that.

Would the "Please Confirm Subscription" email message sitting in my Ginbox serve instead? I didn't have to register or provide payment details for that.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Keep hold of it.  When of the Forum Team might ask for it.  However when chasing missing mails, I personally think it's always a good idea to get as much information from the sender as possible.  Certainly them checking their email logs should be able to tell is whether that got a 250 (delivery accepted) SMTP code or something else instead.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

SDC
Super solver
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My first ShopTo newsletter arrived safe and sound today... it arrived in my ntlworld.com secondary email account inbox and was then auto-forwarded to my Gmail account from where my email client grabbed it.

Based on that and on the unproblematic receipt of the subscription email as I reported in message 2 above, I'd have to say that neither VM nor Gmail are blocking incoming ShopTo.net email messages.

But I'm not the OP, I'm merely a crash-test dummy :-)

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Riptide666
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving order updates was irritating so after posting here I changed my login for ShopTo to a non VM controlled address, which is receiving all emails.

Strangely though, I did receive a ShopTo newsletter yesterday via my ntlworld account so something has changed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you try following my advice?

One cause of emails not being received is a compromised password.

Hackers look to monetise their gains, so hacking into an email account and then diverting email notifications from accounts like Shopto are a common tactic.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@SDC wrote:

My first ShopTo newsletter arrived safe and sound today... it arrived in my ntlworld.com secondary email account inbox and was then auto-forwarded to my Gmail account from where my email client grabbed it.

Based on that and on the unproblematic receipt of the subscription email as I reported in message 2 above, I'd have to say that neither VM nor Gmail are blocking incoming ShopTo.net email messages.

But I'm not the OP, I'm merely a crash-test dummy :-)

Today I will mostly be testing the unsubscribe process.

0 Kudos