Menu
Highlighted
Riptide666
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia blocking email from Shopto.net for ntlworld.com email

Why are Virginmedia blocking email from @shopto.net being received by @ntlworld email addresses, I’ve contacted shopto support who confirm I’m not the only customer with this issue. Over the last few months fewer and fewer expected emails have been received, and since mid August nothing seems to get through whatever block VM have in place. I have spam filtering disabled so emails aren't being redirected to a junk folder.

0 Kudos
SDC
Super solver
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia blocking email from Shopto.net for ntlworld.com email

@Riptide666 wrote:

@why are Virginmedia blocking email from @shopto.net being received by @ntlworld email addresses...

@Are you sure the fault is with VM? I have a valid @ntlworld email account with webmail spam-filtering turned off, and I just signed up for ShopTo's newsletter. A "Please Confirm Subscription" email message from @an @shopto.net address arrived in my inbox within one minute, so I don't see how VM can be blocking their email domain. I suppose that it's possible that VM could be objecting to the newsletter content though - I don't know because I'm yet to receive a newsletter, but I'll keep an eye out for one.

Are you receiving messages from any other senders?

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A dog is for life, not just for Christmas.
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Riptide666
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes, all other email is received without issue only those from Shopto never arrive. As already stated I've checked with Shopto support and they confirm that other customers with ntlworld.com addresses are having the same issue.

SDC
Super solver
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification.

-------------------------------------- sig start --------------------------------------
A VM email account is NOT for life, its maximum span is the duration of its associated VM broadband account + 90 days.
-------------------------------------- sig end --------------------------------------
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you asked this webhost to provide information about any email bounce messages they may be receiving? Or when they looked into it, did they not see any bounces occuring at all when trying to email you? Ask them for that info.

Another consideration, shopto might have a badly configured domain/mailer setup which VM's more stringent setup would bounce.

@ravenstar68

2013 to 2018 (gone.)
coenoby
Rising star
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Riptide666 wrote:

I've checked with Shopto support and they confirm that other customers with ntlworld.com addresses are having the same issue.

I do not disbelieve you at all but my experience with customer service support staff in general is that they always look for a way to offload the problem on to another organisation so they can keep their workload down.

By saying that it's a known problem with Virginmedia they are pushing the problem back to you and saving themselves from having to carry out the very necessary investigative work that Shelke is suggesting.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
SDC
Super solver
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Shelke wrote:

Another consideration, shopto might have a badly configured domain/mailer setup...

FWIW, mailchimp and mandrill are involved in the subscription setup message and confirmation webpage. I don't know if that has any relevance but I often read bad things about unsubscribing from anything with which they are associated.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'd start by doing the following.

1. Log in to Webmail and check the spam folders.
2. While you're logged into webmail go to Settings by clicking the Menu Icon in the top right and selecting from the drop down menu.  Once you're in settings go to Advanced->Email Filters.  Check to see if anyone has set up any rules deleteing/redirecting mails from shopto (Edit - or anyone else for that matter).

Filing that I'd certainly ask Shopto if they can check with their mail provider to see what's happening to these emails.  There should be evidence in the logs that will help determine whether the mails are being delivered or not.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I was going to do a test registration with them to get an email sample for you Raven, but they demand your CC/bank card info just to even register Cat LOL Forget that.

2013 to 2018 (gone.)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I tried as well and I agree with you - I'm not going to register with any site that asks for CC details BEFORE you've even bought anything.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.