cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin will speak only to account holder

SoAnnoyed
Tuning in

My partner and I share the same virgin.com account, including email account. It's in his name but I pay for it. Yesterday I called "Customer Services" to query and get help as to why I could not access the emails..... however I tried I couldn't get past 'Oops can't find that page". BUT the officious jobsworth would not even take my query without verifying with my partner that she could talk to me - unless I had power of attorney! I explained until I was blue in the face that we go through this nearly every time ..... I'M  phoning because HE is at work and I have the problem NOW.... countless times has he informed them to record that it is OK to talk to me about the account, but she insisted that HE has to give permission EVERY time I call!! That is ridiculous, if he is here then he can make the call eh? Every other organisation I deal with on our behalf yet in his name just has on record that I am an authorised person - why can't Virgin do that? Yet if I call about problems with TV service there is no fannying around, my name is on the system, they help. To add insult to injury when I asked for someone senior to complain to I was told well, I am already in the right place and will just be told the same thing. I've looked at just changing the name on the account to me but no, that's too simple for Virgin, I'd have to cancel the existing package and start a new one, which would cost a lot more! I suppose I just want to rant and ask Virgin why one part of the group will talk to me and the other won't, or was I told a load of cobblers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was an issue with the mail link yesterday that resulted in the error message seen. The issue seems to have been resolved but if not try the following link instead https://mail2.virginmedia.com.

The other issue is best addressed by the forum team and issue has been flagged to them.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was an issue with the mail link yesterday that resulted in the error message seen. The issue seems to have been resolved but if not try the following link instead https://mail2.virginmedia.com.

The other issue is best addressed by the forum team and issue has been flagged to them.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SoAnnoyed,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there has been some trouble when contacting us regarding an email. Due to the required privacy level of an email address, we would need the Account Holder to be present at the time of contacting us - this is to prevent any unsolicited use or amendments that could potentially cause further problems. Unfortunately, we have seen instances in the past where there has been malicious intent, and as a result, any support involving personal access such as emails, or billing, is solely Account Holder specific.

I understand that you share an email account, however, our team would not be able to support this kind of query without the Account Holder present due to the reasons above. In addition, we do not have a Secondary Account Holder/Authorised Person's process, unless this is through a Power of Attorney. 

When reporting a fault, because we are not making any specific changes to the account, and offering support and guidance to troubleshoot the issue, our teams would not require the Account Holder to be present. There is a certain extent our teams can go to until we require the Account Holder to perform specific actions or requests. 

As mentioned by @用心棒, we were aware of an ongoing issue with the Email Link through the website, and this has now been corrected. If something like this occurs in the future, please try the direct link provided and this should work. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you Reece, but we do not have a Secondary Account Holder/Authorised Person's process, unless this is through a Power of Attorney does not help resolve the problem, and I am sure I am not the only one experiencing this. As mentioned, Virgin Media is the ONLY organisation I deal with that is unable to simply record that another person is authorised to discuss account issues. GDPR does not require LPA - if that is just Virgin's policy then it needs changing. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, SoAnnoyed.

We're sorry to hear the frustration caused due to this issue, however we do need to comply with the data protection law in place and it is to our highest priorities keeping the account info secure at all times, please have a read here for more info.
Your suggestions will be taken into consideration and the above info will be fed back to the relevant team, please rest assured.

Let us know how you get on, we're happy to advise on any other questions or concerns you may have in the meantime so feel free to ask.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs