cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net

Michael19
Tuning in

Why has my access to my virgin.net account that I’ve had for 20-30 years been blocked ?

15 REPLIES 15

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me Michael.

Both myself and my colleague looked to find the account on all of our systems and its not there.  

We can't reactivate your email address if it isn't on the systems.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I have emailed removed

& it does not bounce back, so it is working.

Please Please Please Please Please just allow me just to sort out the customers that are waiting for reply & change all assonated connections with virgin.

This has been my business email for 20-30 years.

It has been sorted before a can be again 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

So just a up date on my virgin.net email address.

Virgin got InTouch & asked for email address, then there standard reply came back.

They cant find my email address it been deleted.

I know this to be untrue as when i called they found it & just would not help & also if you email the address it does not bounce back as undelivered.   

After 20-30 years of using the same business email you would have thought they would have the common decently to just let me know that the email would not be unavailable anymore, so i could put measures in place to advice my customer that i will be using a different email & also just like Many please i have lots & lot of deferent access that is connected to this email & as we all know to change a email address the company send a email to old email address the you follow the link.

Please Please tell me how i can change the email address when i don't have access to the old email address?

The trouble is company's like virgin media get so big they loose the ability to understand & help people because they don't get payed for help.

If only the please like Richard Branson & those at the top could see have they treat the public.

All i have asked for is a short time to make the changes to a new email address.

Do you know what you get from virgin media, silence         

Although I fully understand your position and frustration with this, you have to accept the likelihood that the email address has been deleted, along with all the email in it and won’t be coming back.

There is a possibility that the mailbox itself still exists somewhere on VM’s system and hence can still receive email - which explains why, if you send a message to it, it doesn’t bounce back. But if the associated login account has been deleted now, then there is no way that you can access it - the system no longer recognises your login details as they have been deleted. This is what I suspect the forum team mean when they say that the account is no longer there. I fully expect that the underlaying mailbox and the emails within it will also be deleted quite soon and then you probably will get bounce back messages or non-delivery reports (NDR).

Once an email address has been used on VM’s system, then it can’t ever be reused - this might be what the offshore CS rep meant when they say they can ‘see the email address but can’t help reactive it’, they can see that it is listed as having once been used but that doesn’t mean they can do anything about it.

I’m sorry that this won’t be the answer you were hoping to hear - but, alas, it is almost certainly the case and you will have to plan accordingly going forward.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Michael19 

I hope that you have now been able to access your virgin .net account.

I also hope that you realise that @Zak_M has really gone the extra mile to retrieve the account for you,

However, you need to act quickly to get the information from that account because it could be closed again at any time. 😉

I would just make one other point.

I saw in an earlier post that you said "This has been my business email for 20-30 years". I am not going to preach but as someone who ran two small business for a number of years I am always astounded at the number of people who happily rely on "freebie" email accounts as their main business contact point. To me it's like a self employed builder relying on borrowing tools from his mates rather than investing in his own.  I'll say no more.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

But probably like me, he truly thought it was associated with his account with VirginMedia. That's how I originally set up my virgin.net account all those years ago - it was through Virgin. And have been paying in the region of £60 per month all this time for the privileges. So never regarded it as a free account like hotmail or yahoo. Certainly not. But it now looks like it is NOT associated with my broadband account - no one told me. Probably didn't tell many others either. If I don't get into my account soon I shall be complaining to the Regulator.