cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net

Shamu1
Tuning in

Virgin has recently deleted my virgin.net email address. Sadly I'm an age that doesn't really fully grasp the IT world and I have had this address since dial up days and have used it for banking, day to day, any contractual agreements. I even used it for my mother in laws medical needs (she's 86) and has now missed some key meetings. Why would a company this size take it upon themselves to wipes these addresses without any notice? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Money, Money, Money!!!

Never Goodwill, Goodwill, Goodwill!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shamu1,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. After locating your email account, I have been able to reset your password on our end and re-activate your emails temporarily. 

I'm glad that you have already confirmed that you have access to your email! 🙂

As per my instructions via PM, please reset your password to something completely new and unique, and move any important documents and emails over to a new mailbox, as this issue is bound to happen again, as your email is not connected to an active Virgin Media account.

This is only a temporary fix in order to get your important emails moved to a new mailbox.

Please let us know if everything went well.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shamu1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some mailbox issues! I can understand how frustrating this can be, especially when you use your mailbox for day-to-day admin.

Can you tell us if you have an active Virgin Media account at the moment, and if the email is connected to that account?

Please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paulina.

I don't have a virgin media account to my knowledge, but I have had this address for over 20 years. I would have thought a simple curtesy of letting us know this was going to happen would have been a nice touch

Trevor 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shamu1,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to this. If you do not have an active Virgin Media broadband account, any emails that are attached to this account would be automatically deleted after 90 days of account closure. You can look at this community post for more information. Our teams have been trying to delete any emails that are attached to old accounts, as those customers no longer subscribe to our services, which the email was a part of. 

I am more than happy to see if we can reactivate your email temporarily, so you can arrange to move important emails and contacts onto a new email address. In order to do so, I will send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shamu1,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. After locating your email account, I have been able to reset your password on our end and re-activate your emails temporarily. 

I'm glad that you have already confirmed that you have access to your email! 🙂

As per my instructions via PM, please reset your password to something completely new and unique, and move any important documents and emails over to a new mailbox, as this issue is bound to happen again, as your email is not connected to an active Virgin Media account.

This is only a temporary fix in order to get your important emails moved to a new mailbox.

Please let us know if everything went well.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team