Menu
Rlittle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net login

Hi 

I have recently started having issues logging into my virgin.net email account. 
I have used this account for 20 years with no problems and in the last 10 days I have not been able to get in . 
it says mailbox not available at the moment , please try back again in 1 hour.  It has said this for around 10 days now and I have contacted virgin 5 times now and everyone says they will look into it and phone me back but never hear anything more.  
has anyone else experienced this? 

dissapointed with virgin,s assistance on this but not sure how to progress it. 
I have a mobile account with virgin too.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net login

Welcome to the community.

I appreciate that you say you have had this email address for 20 years or so.  However, do you have a current VM broadband account and is the virgin.net email address listed under the my profile or manage account tabs when you sign in with your primary username details?

The answer is key to whether or not your account can be re enabled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rlittle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can login to virgin media although don’t have a broadband account. Never have done. 
I have a mobile account. And when I log in I can change my password and etc so it knows me but just no mailbox. 

as you can imagine no warning that this would happen and used this continuously for around 20 years.

0 Kudos
Rlittle
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes just checked ,
. It is in my virgin media profile and I can log in to it and see it in my manage accounts
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

you need to have internet to use the email service.
The only way you could of had one is it you ever used the dialup service.
The account should of long been deleted
all vm can do is make sure the email is deleted
0 Kudos
Rlittle
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I find that hard to believe as I also have an account for my son on although a virgin media email and we can still access that one through my login

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Rlittle wrote:

I find that hard to believe as I also have an account for my son on although a virgin media email and we can still access that one through my login

However hard it is to believe it is an accurate assessment of the current sorry state of the VM email system.

VM email accounts are supposed to require a VM broadband account for continued operation.  Accounts not so connected should have been deleted years ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Rlittle
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyone on this forum that can comment from virgin ?  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Rlittle wrote:

Is there anyone on this forum that can comment from virgin ?  

Yes, all the posts here are read by the VM moderators.  Those requiring a staff response, if the community hasn't been able to resolve the issue, should get a Forum Team response.  They are incredibly busy at the moment so it may be a few days wait.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rlittle, thanks for your post. As mentioned above - if you have an active broadband account we may be able to look at transferring the email address over to that and make it accessible again (I'll need to details for that account as well please) if not our only option may be to have the mailbox deleted.

Hope this helps, please send me a PM confirming the email address in question and I'll help as best I can.

Tom

0 Kudos