cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net emails

BMB11
On our wavelength

I am a VM broadband customer and have used a virgin.net email address for many years up until 8th October 21. Called customer services 9 times and still no new emails showing on my Outlook nor any at all in my email tab when I could access VM pages. 

34 REPLIES 34

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

My apologies @jpeg1 - I tagged the wrong person when typing the reply.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

snowpicnic
On our wavelength

My understanding is the same - Virgin are responsible. I got the runaround with TT as well. This is appalling.

What kind of a response is this??? 'Can't get your emails back'??? Just get on with it and help these people - and me. There was no reason, no warning, no alert - the email account just stopped being available. I am expecting a phone call from 'Technical'. It better come soon.

@snowpicnic wrote:

What kind of a response is this??? 'Can't get your emails back'??? Just get on with it and help these people - and me. There was no reason, no warning, no alert - the email account just stopped being available. I am expecting a phone call from 'Technical'. It better come soon.

I can absolutely guarantee you that you won't get a call back from 'Technical' soon or indeed ever. This is a standard method by the offshore call centre staff to get you off the phone - happens all the time!

And forget anything about TalkTalk, they do not and never had any connection or control over the virgin.net emails - again another piece of misinformation from the call centre, in this case, I'm not sure if it is deliberate lying or just complete lack of training and supervision.

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi Snowpicnic

This too was my primary email address. Foolishly I believed the customer services people who told me 5/6 years ago that as long as I had an account with VM that my virgin.net email address was safe and supported. Only VM can associate or tie email addresses to accounts and again I relied on them doing this. All seemed ok until 7th Oct and since then it is a sequence of misleading, inaccurate, unhelpful, incredibly frustrating interaction with customer services. I have called them 17 times, had 3 team manager callback promises, call backs promised from customer retention, advice from IT and not one single promise fulfilled. A number of posters on the forum suggested it is within the company's gift to reinstate or replace these addresses albeit meaning the missing 3 weeks would be lost in my case but they say that is not possible. At each turn it is hard to see why anyone would choose to disconnect an email address of a customer which is in very frequent use without warning or make any irrevocable decision without any thought to the consequences. 

I am not convinced that VM have taken the time to look into this or any of the other email accounts that they are deleting let alone taking action to try and return their own customers to a fully functioning situation.