cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net emails

BMB11
On our wavelength

I am a VM broadband customer and have used a virgin.net email address for many years up until 8th October 21. Called customer services 9 times and still no new emails showing on my Outlook nor any at all in my email tab when I could access VM pages. 

34 REPLIES 34

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi Akua_A

Thanks for the reply. It is really bad news particularly if this was done by your IT colleagues without any warning. As the previous posters say, it can't seem fair to have customer services fail to properly link the email account to my VM account or profile. Is there not any way of at least redirecting emails to another account or even advising the sender that the account is no longer active? 

I do feel very let down by VM and will ask any of you that have access to IT, management or whoever within the company who has oversight of this to investigate. There is some suggestion that only VM staff could have properly linked the email account so I still can't see what I could do even if I knew this was happening. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It would be a trivial task for someone in Virginmedia's IT department to create a fresh email account with that old address.

It wouldn't recover the old messages,  but it would allow the OP to receive new messages from his contacts so that he could reestablish contact with them. Since he is still a VM customer this would be a reasonable goodwill gesture. 

But it would need the will to do it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

BMB11
On our wavelength

Jpeg1

Thanks so much. Hopefully someone from the Forum team can see if this can be done as they seem genuinely keen to help. 

It can’t be done, please believe me, it wouldn’t matter if every single person from the CEO down was genuinely trying to help, for various technical reasons it simply isn’t going to happen.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It wouldn't be possible for a member of staff in Virginmedia's IT department,  which operates its own email system, to create a new email account in a name they choose?

I'm sorry,  I just don't believe that.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

There is a world of difference between something which might theoretically be possible and what is allowed by company policy and procedures.

Answer me this, you work in the IT department in a large multinational company which has rigid rules regarding policy. You know that doing X is actually possible and would help a customer; but the company has rules regarding what to do in this situation and doing X is in violation of company policies and procedures and might well cost you your job.

Your immediate manager won’t back you up because, well, company policy, his manager won’t back him up because of the same reason.

So do you go ahead and just do it?

Ever had dealings with a large organisation which worked like this?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You seem to have changed your opinion 🙂

First you said "it wouldn’t matter if every single person from the CEO down was genuinely trying to help, for various technical reasons it simply isn’t going to happen."

Now, you are saying that it couldn't be done for policy reasons, which or course are set by that CEO and his staff

Which is what I said in the first place. "it would need the will to do it".  And as we are all so very familiar, Virginmedia's management processes are quite impenetrable.

- jpeg1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jpeg1

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience as we're unable to get your email back @jpeg1 - I'd love to be able to help you further with this but unfortunately it just isn't possible.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Thank you @Travis_M 

but if you'd read the thread you would have seen that it wasn't my email that was lost.

- jpeg1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BMB11

My apologies, we'd be unable to recover the email address and the question around creating a new email under the same address - this isn't possible.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs