cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net emails

BMB11
On our wavelength

I am a VM broadband customer and have used a virgin.net email address for many years up until 8th October 21. Called customer services 9 times and still no new emails showing on my Outlook nor any at all in my email tab when I could access VM pages. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Legacy domains aren't closing as a whole, but mailboxes are where they're not connected to active Virgin Fibre broadband services.

That is true across all the email domains i.e. virgin.net, ntlworld.com blueyonder.co.uk and virginmedia.com. For the older domains there is the added complication of some of them being 'orphaned'

The different scenarios as to why mailboxes will be deleted are covered in this post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BMB11,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.

I am sorry about you email not working.

I will send you a private message now so I can help you further.

Please look for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BMB11,

Thank you for talking to me in a private message, I am sorry we are unable to help with this old email.

I do hope you have a lovely evening.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

BMB11
On our wavelength

With the exception of some individuals on these pages, VM customer service have misdirected and mislead me several times. My use of a long standing virgin.net email address ceased 7th October. So far I have called customer services 17 times and now am being told Virgin do not own this domain and can't help. Talk Talk say this is not a domain they control. I checked and it appears Virgin Enterprises owns the domain and that company appears to be part of VM. If the intention is to close these accounts shouldn't VM give their customers notice and redirect emails? I remain a VM customer simply to hold onto the address, it wouldn't be for any other reason. 

"..If the intention is to close these accounts shouldn't VM give their customers notice and redirect emails?.."

VM don't seem to care about training their Support staff correctly. Have a read of this thread ; second post confirms that they are not closing their 'legacy' email domains..
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Retirement-of-NtlWorld-Email-Addresses/td-p/4826210

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Legacy domains aren't closing as a whole, but mailboxes are where they're not connected to active Virgin Fibre broadband services.

That is true across all the email domains i.e. virgin.net, ntlworld.com blueyonder.co.uk and virginmedia.com. For the older domains there is the added complication of some of them being 'orphaned'

The different scenarios as to why mailboxes will be deleted are covered in this post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi Michael_JK

Your posting is a bit more reassuring. If as a customer of VM this gives me some support toward reactivating and using my virgin.net email address can anyone please direct me to someone or team at VM who I can speak to? Customer services do not seem to be able to communicate with any of the teams that may be able to help retrieve this address. I have had 3 promised calls from customer service managers at VM and no call back. Customer relations tell me the domain is owned by Talk Talk which seems factually incorrect.   

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi Ben Mcr

Thanks for the link. The article seems to suggest that as a VM customer they should be able and willing to reinstate my virgin.net email address. My account was moved to Talk Talk 5/6 years ago but I moved back to VM largely to protect the email address recognising that otherwise my address could be 'orphaned'. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you moved your broadband to TalkTalk,  your email didn't.  It stayed behind.

When you rejoined virginmedia it created a new email account and the old one still remained in limbo - orphaned and not connected to your new account. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

BMB11
On our wavelength

Hi JPeg1

Thanks. My old account was sold by Virgin to Talk Talk, so no real say in the matter. As soon as VM offered broadband services in my area I returned and understood quite clearly that this would protect my virgin.net email address. I had continued to use the email address without any known hitch for the past 20 years or so. I access emails via Outlook and emails to my virgin.net address are not being delivered or returned to senders.