Menu
MrsBee1
Tuning in
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net emails....Again!

Thank you so much for this...however sadly I have already lost access to my virgin.net email account so I can't use it ...However it is useful to know that there is a programme which will allow me to download....I didn't know there was one so I may do this with my Hotmail account!  Every day is a school day so 'tis said!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@MrsBee1 wrote:

Further to my reply Tim I bow to your superior knowledge...it seems that the Virgin.net domain was first registered in 1995....how time flies!  

It does indeed.  I was actually a teenager in the 80's.  I'm 50 now, my son was born in 1995 - It's fun how we all remember things from our past that actually didn't happen.  I'm still convinced Artoo Detoo stuck his probe into an electrical socket in Star Wars as well as Empire Strikes back.  Although I can tell you for a fact that Han shot first lol.

I know we first got dial up around the time my son was born with Tesco.net (those were the days)  In this country the first commercial provider was Pipex in 1991.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get back into your email though Smiley Sad

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You mentioned earlier that you had already confirmed the email address was still active; maybe by using a service similar to http://mailtester.com. That being the case then do consider trying Thunderbird to access the mailbox and once installed configuration is as simple as entering your name, email address, and password then selecting Continue.

2019-08-22-00.jpeg

And then selecting Done

2019-08-22-01.jpeg